Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Thanks for all the hard work, Peter! I'll take some time and poke around, and I now want to try out tapatalk on my iphone, so we'll see how that goes.

Any way to show more entries per page when I click on Whats New? I get like 16 per page, and I'd like to get 50, or even all on one big page.

It'll be fun to play with, looking forward to seeing what else the new software can do.

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Greetings Peter...I have a request which I think is very reasonable. Could you enable a brief vid clip of a bikini model doing jumping jacks to appear whenever someone sends or receives a 'Like' to one of their posts? I was going to ask for a similar clip of a pistol being fired but that of course would be inappropriate on a public forum.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Nice work Pete.

When I use Tapatalk, it shows the first post in a thread, as opposed to the last like it used to. Is that something I can change in my preferences or on your end?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Definitely much cleaner looking. Is there a way to add the number of times a person has posted so we can see if someone if just trolling through or a common poster like we used to have on the right of a post?

·
Administrator
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks for all the hard work, Peter! I'll take some time and poke around, and I now want to try out tapatalk on my iphone, so we'll see how that goes.

Any way to show more entries per page when I click on Whats New? I get like 16 per page, and I'd like to get 50, or even all on one big page.

It'll be fun to play with, looking forward to seeing what else the new software can do.
I'll have to find the setting for that, should be possible just don't know where yet.

I can't get anything to come up using the search.
I need to rebuild the search index. It will make the server sluggish while I'm doing that, so I'm waiting for a quiet moment to get that going.

Nice work Pete.

When I use Tapatalk, it shows the first post in a thread, as opposed to the last like it used to. Is that something I can change in my preferences or on your end?
I changed a setting in Tapatalk, let me know if it was the right one or not.

Definitely much cleaner looking. Is there a way to add the number of times a person has posted so we can see if someone if just trolling through or a common poster like we used to have on the right of a post?
You can see a person's post count, and more info about them, if you click on the avatar.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
Sorry to say Pete, but it didn't work. When I open the thread, it scrolls to the last post, but when viewing the threads it shows the original post.

Thanks for working on this for us!

·
Administrator
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
What about "users who have read this thread" for subscribing members?
I think there's a mod that does that.
Sorry to say Pete, but it didn't work. When I open the thread, it scrolls to the last post, but when viewing the threads it shows the original post.

Thanks for working on this for us!
Is that on Tapatalk? It's still doing the same thing it was before?

·
Registered
17,747 Posts
I can't get anything to come up using the search.
Same here Harry seems it will only show most recent posts since the change over.

Like Peter says though he will try fixing it when there is some down time so I guess for now we wait.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,339 Posts
For two days I couldn't log on. I wondered, "Did I earn a ride on the BAN BUS and didn't know it?" I'm glad it wasn't me (at least I don't think so). So many changes. As a conservative Republican, I don't like change. I like things as they are, however, as a REALIST, I understand changes happen and can live with them. I may not like them but I will deal with them. This applies. It may turn out to be for the best so I adapt.

I whine, but I adapt. I AM a man.

just a really whimpy man.

·
Administrator
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
For two days I couldn't log on. I wondered, "Did I earn a ride on the BAN BUS and didn't know it?" I'm glad it wasn't me (at least I don't think so). So many changes. As a conservative Republican, I don't like change. I like things as they are, however, as a REALIST, I understand changes happen and can live with them. I may not like them but I will deal with them. This applies. It may turn out to be for the best so I adapt.

I whine, but I adapt. I AM a man.

just a really whimpy man.
Just a friendly reminder.... THIS is the type of "change" you need to worry about:

obama-change.jpg

MassCops.com will be allright. ;)

·
Subscribing Member
1,615 Posts
LoL Kilv, but if YOU are ever given a ride on the BAN BUS, then save me a seat.

The day that I read anything you've posted which earns you a ride on that bus, is the day that I have any one of my posts removed by an administrator :rolleyes:.

Okay, I'm done bitching about that, but seriously...

There's a good reason I've never used one of those profile signatures which sound more like a disclaimer to me... you know the ones... usually accompanying posts by members who hope never to be held accountable for their words.

Well, I don't think that's you Kilv, and I certainly don't plan to start posting anything here in the MC3 years that would ever embarrass my employer, my co-workers or my profession, any more than I ever did on Gil's MC1 or MC2.

Drive On Peter. Your efforts are appreciated.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
My 2 cents is, forget all the add-ons. Second point, if not already asked, where's the "forum posts" in my profile? It says number of messages 3000-something, so I'm assuming that's the formerly known as posts link but nothing happens when you hover over it.

·
Administrator
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Allow turning off notifications to threads. I don't want an email every time some posts to a thread I posted to.
You can already do that. Here's a link to the preferences:
http://www.masscops.com/account/preferences
And, up at the top of each thread is a button which would say either "Watch Thread" or "Unwatch Thread" you can use those buttons to set each thread individually.

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
Holy crap I pass out from a lil holiday cheer to wake up and find I'm Rip Van F-ingWinkle.. WTF happened??? And why can't I post in AAC? Did I get fired too and no one told me or are you onto me and figured out I really am a 14 y/o girl from the Phillipines?

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
alrighty then, so this is what happened. thought my membership had expired and got thrown out by the new owners :cool:

thanks for the new link Nuke.

have to do the new bookmark because IE says masscops doesn't exist anymore !

·
Radio
1,155 Posts
One thing I noticed, when I click on What's New is not pulling up all of the new threads, it will say Showing 1 to 14 of 20 but there is only one page of new threads. It seems to not pull up the threads in the sub-forums.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts