Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to everyone who went through the excruciating classes for the 22 weeks! :mrgreen: :t:

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
Congrats guys...Class 79 here... the last class held at the beautiful Tewksbury State hospital...Is Larry still his old self???

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Downstairs Class. With that crazy Lawyer Fitzpatrick - I never laughed so hard...

"...So there I am, at McGinty's bar..."

And if I remember correctly, about 70% of the class were Deputies.... ?

I sat next to a Bunch of Essex folks.. although the only one I remember is a Female, Kelly S..... :wink:

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
I was in the upstairs class...the back 2 rows were all deputies..Middlesex and Essex folks..I think a few Suffolk County as well...Lee Scanzilli and Donnie Palma were entertaining.....Overall there was quite a cast of characters if I remember right...were you with MGH then?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Nope. I went through as a Natick Auxiliary at that time.

Lee is crazy!!.. and Palma was funny too...it was truly a good time. Although I could have done without good Ol' Larry Nerpi.

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
Yeah..Donny's a good Guy...RPD I was sent through by Saugus PD..you had 2 Saugus guys down stairs with you Ralph and Steve...I was third upstairs...there was a kid from MGH..thought it might have been you...Small world..eh??

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
There were 3 guys in our NERPI class from MGH... 1 is now a Marblehead Cop, the 2nd is still at MGH (as a supv)... good money and bennies - :lol: the 3rd was gone prior to my arrival...

There were a few guys from Stoneham Auxiliary in the class, one of them works at MGH now... pretty interesting crowd..lol

·
Subscribing Member
453 Posts
I just remember Larry's speach about speeding around the Hospital grounds on day one...god that was pathetic... :mrgreen:

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For us it was "Don't take the Ntl Gaurd Parking spots." On the day of that huge snowstorm, I called him from "our" parking area that day and told him that I cannot park in 1.5' of snow because I (and everyone that showed up) would get stuck he said "I'll have to deal with it" Yea ok :roll: :wm:

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
I went through the Norwood class in 2001, sponsored by Essex. I kind of wish my schedule would have fit so I could have done it in Reading. Couldn't get the Saturday mornings off though. Would have been nice to meet some people from my own area.

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Yeah, Larry treats everyone like First Graders and he's the principal... totally pathetic.

I recall one time one of the students was taking his time getting to class when lunch was over, as a bunch of us walked in the room together we heard the following:

Larry: "Get to class!"
the student: "I'm going... just packing my stuff up"...
Larry: "I SAID NOW!"
Student: "You don't need to yell at me, I'm going"
Larry: "Don't get smart with me!!, you wanna be booted out of this program?!"
Student: "Excuse me?.. Whatever" and went to class.

Unbelieveable, Larry is a totally pathetic individual. Anyone know if he was ever a PO? Or was he a reject who figured if he can't be one, he can train 'em? :shock:

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RPD931 said:
Anyone know if he was ever a PO? Or was he a reject who figured if he can't be one, he can train 'em? :shock:
Well, I hope not cause his glasses are thicker than the glass that's between most desk officers and the public :wl:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Plymouth Class #99-01 (1999)

Although I have no interesting stories from my academy...except that I took a female student officer's "red gun" during handgun retention and got yelled at. She obviously must not have been "retaining" it too well. :D

·
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're lucky, our retention day was of the snow storm so about 2/3's missed it but not a whole lot. No red guns or anything just a few simple "this is how you do it"

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
RPD931 said:
With that crazy Lawyer Fitzpatrick - I never laughed so hard...

"...So there I am, at McGinty's bar..."
I had him at my NERPI class in Salem back a few years ago. Very knowledgeable, and made the dullness of constitut. law pretty interesting. Very funny guy. Good call with McGinty's !!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.