Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
They were invited here by the MSP through whatever organization the SP's have, which also handles the training of non-comms and commissioned officers. If memory serves, the SP's were up on the highway. MSP would do the same for them at their request.
Just traffic control according to people I talked to. Boston did not have the LE infrastructure in place to handle something like the DNC. Neither does Hartford, Providence, or any of the other NE cities. The sharing of SP's and locals would have occurred regardless of where in NE the DNC occurred...

It'd be too bad if we all had to work together for a change... :evil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The towns paid the officers and submitted a bill to Boston for reimbursement. It was a formal request for mutual aid made by Boston. A question for the State Police on this board when was the last time a town in Eastern Massachusetts requested the State Police STOP team.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Flynn, thinks that he is Bratton. Let me tell you he is no Bratton... Must have a great family life as he has left them in VA for how long now. Flynn was the Chief of a County force and now envisions that happening here. The DA's told him to sit down after he went on and on about this subject when he addressed them two years ago (and he has not been back since, a first for the Sect. of EOPS not to be invited back as was the norm) Flynn is anti-union as you can ask any member of Chelsea PD as he tried to have one of his Lt's arrest, yes arrest the union President. As said above when I was a town police officer I knew I was a town police officer. When I started getting dizzy from all the circles I took a test. You don't see Boston or Chelsea Officers wanting to go all over kingdom come, why because they are busy doing REAL police work...
I love this spellcheck......

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Good point, Thumper. Flynn is the root of most evils in this situation. Hopefully he'll be gone soon (preferably to jail) and we can all get back to work in our various jurisdictions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
nwo,

STOP Callout in Beverly today. Badguy in custody. No further incidents.

They happen all the time. We don't make a big deal about it contrary to what most people think and spread rumors about.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.