Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GROVELAND — Charges are being brought against the residents of 46 Gardner St. for harassing their neighbors with dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles, dust, loud music and loud trucks.
Over the past year, there have been at least 17 complaints about the Jones family who live in the house, said Deputy police Chief Jeffrey Gillen.
The last incident — and the last straw for police — was June 30 when a neighbor reported to police she was afraid to be home alone because of noise coming from the Jones house.
"Groveland is filled with very nice people and it's unusual for a family to participate in a series of harassments against their neighbors, " said Gillen.
Police sought a formal complaint and the following family members are being summonsed to court for a Sept. 16 arraignment:
Bryan J. Jones, 17, criminal harassment and disturbing the peace.
Erika K. Jones, 48, keeping a disorderly house.
Steven E. Jones, 51, keeping a disorderly house.
Neighbor Bill Pelletier is a neighbor of the Jones family and attended a court hearing on the case last week. Pelletier is spending $5,000 on a fence as an attempt to keep the noise from 46 Gardner St. out. He says he's concerned for an autistic granddaughter and his collection of rare plants.
"This has been going on for years. The kid started with regular dirt bikes, then took the mufflers off, and as they got older, the bikes got bigger and louder," said Bill Pelletier. "I don't tell them not to ride them. I just ask them not to come so close to my property. They have 5 acres of land."
Pelletier also said Bryan Jones occasionally uses his driveway as a racetrack, and will have four or five friends over racing dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles. On one such day he measured noise level and found it was about 120 decibels.
When asked if he wanted to share his side of the story, Bryan Jones said "No, I'm good."
SARA CODAIR, DAILY NEWS

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
When asked if he wanted to share his side of the story, Bryan Jones said "No, I'm good."
I doubt Mr. Pelletier that our young Mr. Jones will be departing for Princeton anytime soon, so keep working on that fence.
Hopefully the courts can help the neighbors.

That has to be the worst part of homeownership; the possibility of a-holes for neighbors.
Anything can be replaced or repaired, but when you're stuck with inconsiderate, obnoxious jerk neighbors, that can really make life miserable for you.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
That's why we moved to the great white north my man. 4.2 acres of privacy.
If I want to get the mail in my drawers I could. Not that I do mind you, well, not often anyway.

·
Subscribing Member
7,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before you make any further statement Koz I must warn you of your rights.

·
Always entertained
2,550 Posts
That's why we moved to the great white north my man. 4.2 acres of privacy.
If I want to get the mail in my drawers I could. Not that I do mind you, well, not often anyway.
Koz just remember to wear orange during hunting season when your catching the mail.
BTW your statement does create quite the image.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
So what are you implying Inspector, my good man.. Koz in his drawers is obscene or something? (Shut up Costanza)

I'm a rebel MTC, railing against convention, nothing is set in stone with this kid...

I'd look pretty silly wearing my orange hat and vest in my Fruit of the Looms Tunes...

·
Subscribing Member
902 Posts
Police take charges out against neighbors

Published: August 25, 2008 03:58 am ShareThisPrintThis
Police take charges out against neighbors
By Sara Codair
Correspondent

GROVELAND - Charges are being brought against the residents of 46 Gardner St. for harassing their neighbors with dirt bikes, all-terrain vehicles, dust, loud music and loud trucks.
Over the past year, there have been at least 17 complaints about the Jones family who live in the house, said Deputy police Chief Jeffrey Gillen.
The last incident - and the last straw for police - was June 30 when a neighbor reported to police she was afraid to be home alone because of noise coming from the Jones house.
"Groveland is filled with very nice people and it's unusual for a family to participate in a series of harassments against their neighbors, " said Gillen.
Police sought a formal complaint and the following family members are being summonsed to court for a Sept. 16 arraignment:
Bryan J. Jones, 17, criminal harassment and disturbing the peace.
Erika K. Jones, 48, keeping a disorderly house.
Steven E. Jones, 51, keeping a disorderly house.
Neighbor Bill Pelletier is a neighbor of the Jones family and attended a court hearing on the case last week. Pelletier is spending $5,000 on a fence as an attempt to keep the noise from 46 Gardner St. out. He says he's concerned for an autistic granddaughter and his collection of rare plants.
"This has been going on for years. The kid started with regular dirt bikes, then took the mufflers off, and as they got older, the bikes got bigger and louder," said Bill Pelletier. "I don't tell them not to ride them. I just ask them not to come so close to my property. They have 5 acres of land."
Pelletier also said Bryan Jones occasionally uses his driveway as a racetrack, and will have four or five friends over racing dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles. On one such day he measured noise level and found it was about 120 decibels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts