Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone aware if there is any legislation requiring a junkie who has dirty hype that sticks a police officer or any one else to get tested for HIV, HEP-B, HEP-C, ext.

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
There is no legislature or anything else that can be used to force someone to submit to a test in that circumstance. The best you can do is try and persuade the person ( or have the hospital attempt)to voluntarily submit to a blood test.

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
mopar6972 said:
The best you can do is try and persuade the person ( or have the hospital attempt)to voluntarily submit to a blood test.
It is amazing how many people "volunteer" to submit to this test after "persuasion."

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Or you could get the sample "the old-fashioned way": with a club and a sponge! :lol:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I definetly agree with you dcs2244. I like the way you think. :p

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have heard it rumored that in the eastern part of the state, failure to tell a PO that your carrying a needle sometimes reults in broken ribs. :wink:

G

·
Or you could get the sample "the old-fashioned way": with a club and a sponge!
Dave, you never cease to amaze me. Here I am yelling at the screen "just punch him in the nose, get your own sample", as I scroll down the thread and get to your post. Wonderful idea..... =D>

·
Registered
202 Posts
Guys

as a registered nurse this is my advice regarding this matter.

1.If you get stuck, first go straight to the ER immediately and start on the preventative cocktail it can greatly reduce your chances of serro-converting. I personally wouldn't even wait for the blood results before starting.

2. Lock an addict up and they will agree to anything in 20 minutes or less. So end result you shouldn't have much problem getting the person to agree to give blood.

3. If the person is not coherent I am sure the ER Doc in his wisdom will draw all appropriate blood work for the best intrest of his patient.

Stay safe

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,678 Posts
Ohhhhhh...................now I see,

I thought you guys were talking about needle dick injury, oops!
:lol:

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
wordstew said:
3. If the person is not coherent I am sure the ER Doc in his wisdom will draw all appropriate blood work for the best intrest of his patient.

Stay safe
I'm sure after a needle stick, #3 can easily be achieved...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.