1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cops: Needham dad stuffed naughty son, 6, in trunk
By Jennifer Rosinski and Rachel LeBeaux
Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Needham dad enraged with his 6-year-old son's antics pulled over his car, yanked the boy from the backseat and stuffed him in the trunk beforedriving home, police said.

Edward Cannie, 46, was in Wellesley when he pulled over near Route 9 Saturday and punished the boy with a tour of the trunk, Deputy Police Chief William Brooks said.

A witness copied down the vehicle's license plate and followed the car to a house on Homsly Lane in Needham before calling police.

Needham and Wellesley police went to the home and found Cannie, who admitted shoving his son in the trunk because he felt the boy was misbehaving, Brooks said. The boy was also in the home, and he appeared fine.

The Department of Social Services is investigating. The boy is in the custody of his mother, who walked in the front door while cops interviewed her husband.

Cannie was arraigned in Dedham District Court on Monday on charges of assault and battery and child endangerment. The family refused comment.

·
1,334 Posts
Well we know this guy will not be nominated for parent of the year. This one leaves me scratching my head, although I am never surprised at what people do anymore after being on the job for a couple years. What ever happened to "time out" or send him to his room when they get home. And on Rte. 9? Obviously his punishment was a way out of line, but did he not think someone would see?

I would like to see this guy stuffed in a small place for a few years, like a cell; how would that work as punishment for dad. But the reality is he will probably get probation, nobody is accountable anymore. This one urks me. :evil: Best of luck to the child.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I firmly believe there is a special place in HELL for people who abuse/neglect thier children!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil: Until then... there's always prision.

·
Administrator
8,417 Posts
You know, it never ceases to amaze me, how extreme some parents can be in how they carry out their particular form of discipline.

What could a 6 year old do to warrant locking them in a trunk?
Is it me? Am I the phucked one?

Did this miscreant even consider what would happen if he was rear-ended on Rt. 9?
Or consider what the kid was feeling being locked in a trunk? Down the road, how do you look this 35 year old in the face and tell him what “I did to you” was reasonable and you deserved it?

The more and more I see of our society, the more I feel we are f-ing doomed, and that’s not drama, its simply a sad observation of a pathetic society. Good grief… I’m going to go read Dr. Seuss to my 2 boys…

·
Registered
114 Posts
If he's capable of doing such a thing in public view, I shudder to think of what he may do to the poor kid at home, behind closed doors.

:vcop: :spank: :BE: :handcuff:

Some are less deserving of civil rights than others.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I'm sure "daddy" just considered it a 'timeout'...in the trunk! :shock:

·
Registered
40 Posts
If he's capable of doing such a thing in public view, I shudder to think of what he may do to the poor kid at home, behind closed doors.

:vcop: :spank: :BE: :handcuff:

Some are less deserving of civil rights than others.
AMEN!! Even having been caught, people like this typically don't recognize their own faults. I'm sure the kid will be "punished for putting his father in such a position". How do you "rehabilitate" someone how has such an obvious separation from reality????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.