Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a light system that I can mount to my visor and plug into my lighter socket or something.

Maybe a very small device for the back window for that can plug into the outlet in the back of my SUV.

Prefer led style...very very low profile (as in not super sparky material)..

TIA.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but no. No great "I'm a cop story"...just that I got stuck with some FEMA/EMA thing...and I'm am supposed to get a light set....and I want one as small and tiny as possible that I can stick in the trunk and take it out if I ever need it...which will prolly be....ummmm......never.

It's either that or drive around in the response vehicle when something bad happens which is even a "gayer" prospect.

:BNANA::ermm::BNANA:

·
Registered
456 Posts
SOT_II said:
Town pays for it.
Cool!

Be aware that the RMV rules on issuing light permits are out of the dark ages. For a blue light, the only reason acceptable for a LEO in POV is for "transport of prisoners" . . . yup, sure! [I have no idea what their rules are for other colors.]

When I worked for the PD we were often required to use our POVs to block streets for parades, move around between posts during 3-day 4th of July events, cruising around town on Halloween as a police presence (and target for eggs), etc. Never transported any prisoners in my POV and wouldn't do it! BTW, our chief told us to get blue lights and he issued permits (thru RMV) to a few of us for a few years, until one of the selectmen was questioning everything he did and so he let the permits lapse, but we still used the lights both before we got permits (and most never did get them), during and after we couldn't get them renewed. They also issued some of the CD blue lights to some officers who didn't own them. Legal? No, but everyone figured that the only chance of problems would be if a rambunctious Trooper came thru and decided to throw some muscle around (never happened) in which case the two agencies would have to duke it out at the highest levels.

I knew someone who was a MSP Chaplain (recently passed away) who had a blue light for his POV in case he was called to some event . . . not to transport prisoners! I'll bet MSP had the permit issued for him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Go to Sirennet.com they have great prices, and have video examples of some of the products. Right now they're selling a complete LED slicktop kit, siren, and control box that we installed in one of our cars. Very effective warning and great price.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Irish Wampanoag said:
They actually charge you for the blue light permit those MFers. The RMV can go pound sand!!:sb:
This was part of the "no new taxes, only increased fees" by Gov. Romney a couple of years ago. The same time/process when they changed the cost of LTC/FIDs to $100, increased fees for court filings, etc.

I think we can blame the legislature for this and not the RMV. Don't know if it was Romney's idea and he asked the legislature for the increases/fees or if it was the legislature's idea, but that is where we are at today.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool thanks...I have not had the time to really think aobut it and am sort of "against" actually having to get one...but if ya gotta, ya gotta....

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
If you are a police officer the permit is free. If you are a constable or fake ass sheriff it is $100.

·
Thread Killa
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey I paid for my Honorary Deputy Dawg badge like everybody else.

j809 said:
If you are a police officer the permit is free. If you are a constable or fake ass sheriff it is $100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts