Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new paddle holster. Anybody have any suggestions on a quick way to break it in? I've worn it a few times, and you need a hard as hell yank to get the weapon out, to the point where the gun is useless to me. I'm sure as I wear it more it'll break in, but I only carry one or two days a week, so it doesn't get much use. Any other thoughts? I thought about using some of that spray on leather softener that's made for shoes, but I'm concerned that once the chemical soaks into the leather, you are supposed to put the gun inside the holster. This stuff was made for shoes, I'm not sure what the spray is going to do to the finish of my gun. Any other ideas?

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,712 Posts
Wrap in an old t-shirt and slowly pass over it a couple of times with your SUV. Then put it in the drier with an old pair tennis shoes (No heat, fluff-setting)and get out of the house. (don't try after working mids) Lastly knead the holster with your greasy-potato-chip hands while you're watching the Red Sox in the playoffs.

If the above doesn't loosen up the damn thing, then nothing will!
Good Luck
:t:

·
Registered
186 Posts
The best way that I know and I personally did it with my personal holsters is even when your not wearing the holster leave your gun (unloaded) in the holster snapped up, or if you have access to a red gun you can use that instead, and if you have time while your watching tv sit there and put the gun in and out of the holster over and over again to wear it in. hope that helps, and good luck.

Stay Safe.

G

·
Put your dirtiest baseball in it after soaking the holster in oil for an hour. Wrap it up in elastic bands and put it under your mattress when you sleep. It always worked for me.

·
Subscribing Member
342 Posts
Very simple, but not the very quickest. With your weapon unloaded, Fully insert the weapon, secure the snaps (if any) and then draw the weapon. No you don't have to be wearing the holster to do this. The reason I say not the quickest is that it will take on the order of 400 to 500 repetitions to get the holster broken in. ( obviously, not a given number but, until it feels right to you)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Take the holster put it empty on the kitchen table, look and swear at it for approximately 1/2 hour. It won't break it in any faster but you'll feel better.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts