Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Season May Begin Christmas Day

NEW YORK -- NBA owners and players reached a tentative agreement early Saturday to end the 149-day lockout and hope to begin the delayed season on Christmas Day. Neither side provided many specifics but said the only words players and fans wanted to hear. "We want to play basketball," Commissioner David Stern said. After a secret meeting earlier this week, the sides met for more than 15 hours Friday, working to try to save the season. This handshake deal, however, still must be ratified by both owners and players. Stern said it was "subject to a variety of approvals and very complex machinations, but we're optimistic that will all come to pass and that the NBA season will begin Dec. 25."

Read more: NBA Owners, Players Reach Deal - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

·
Subscribing Member
1,832 Posts
I thought I was the only one that couldnt care less. Reading Twitter and watching ESPN, I would have thought we discovered a cure for cancer.

Now ESPN can go back to fawning over basketball and stop covering a real sport, hockey.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

·
Subscribing Member
824 Posts
Who cares...Zzzzzzzzzzz. How can we miss you if you won't go away?

·
Subscribing Member
6,688 Posts
homies must be getting low on the bling

settle for some chump change like $25 million a year.

i feel for ya kobe bryant.........................NOT !!!

·
Supporting Member
3,504 Posts
Well that sucks, now I have to listen to all the hype about basketball. Nothing but a bunch of thugs in my mind.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I wish I could express in words how much I really don't give a shit. I'd be happy if NBA disappeared just to see what jobs most of those clowns could hold without their ridiculous salaries. Worst sport ever. I'd rather have a red hot framing spike stuffed in my pee hole than watch an NBA game.

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
I'd rather have a red hot framing spike stuffed in my pee hole than watch an NBA game.
Sweet Fancy Moses!! Now, that's going a little too far. Don't you think? I think, if I had the choice, I'd watch the game and take a nap. :teeth_smile:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Sweet Fancy Moses!! Now, that's going a little too far. Don't you think? I think, if I had the choice, I'd watch the game and take a nap. :teeth_smile:
CC,

Didn't you mean, "I'd take a nap and at the same time watch the game" then never watch another?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with Marinecop. The last time I had any interest in basketball was during the Bird, McHale, Parrish era. Probably even back to the Jerry West days. Now most of them are just a bunch of WAY OVERPAID thugs who could give a shit about the team. It's all about the bling and "look at me". I won't watch it on tv and I wouldn't go if I was given a pair of tickets. Go away NBA.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts