NATO commander orders probe of 'improper' disposal of large number of Islamic religious materials fr | MassCops

NATO commander orders probe of 'improper' disposal of large number of Islamic religious materials fr

Discussion in 'Military News' started by kwflatbed, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

• [​IMG]
      AP
      Feb. 21, 2012: An Afghan protester points towards a US soldier in front of the US base of Bagram during an anti US demonstration in Bagram north of Kabul, Afghanistan.
    KABUL, Afghanistan – More than 2,000 angry Afghans rallied Tuesday against the inadvertent burning of Korans and other Islamic religious materials during trash disposal at an American air base. They demanded to meet the country's president over the issue and threatened to demonstrate again if their demand was not met.
    U.S. Gen. John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan, apologized and ordered an investigation into the incident, which he was "not intentional in any way."
    The incident stoked anti-foreign sentiment that already is on the rise after nearly a decade of war in Afghanistan and fueled the arguments of Afghans who believe foreign troops are not respectful of their culture or Islamic religion.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/21/nato-commander-orders-probe-improper-disposal-large-number-islamic-religious/?test=latestnews#ixzz1n2nveDqz

2. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

What is the proper way of disposing them... Maybe I don't want to know now that I mentioned it.

3. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Usa8235, Delta784 and topcop14 like this.
  4. topcop14

topcop14 Subscribing Member

So is this proper?

Attached Files:

5. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

Isn't this really about a certain culture that HATES the west and all we stand for? It seems like every time something minor (yes, burning a book is minor) occurs certain elements make it more than it is (a burned book). Our troops die over there all the time protecting these people, and this is how they pay us back (rioting over a burnt book)? You would think that after 10 years of war (plus the 80-88 war with Russia) they would want to change their ways and modernize? You would think..........

6. SgtAndySipowicz

7. HistoryHound

HistoryHound Supporting Member

I'll admit I would be upset about someone burning the Bible. However, my belief in God and my religion are not dependent on a book, a building, or a priest. Considering most religions have existed for centuries when most people could not read and continue to exist even though I would venture to guess that only a small percentage of people have picked up and read a religious text recently, I just can't see being upset enough to riot. I'm curious what percentage of the rioters are literate and how many have actually sat down and read the Koran lately.

8. Marks72

Marks72 Appreciative Member

" arguments of Afghans who believe foreign troops are not respectful of their culture or Islamic religion." Act like idiots.... get treated like idiots. Simple

9. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

So when is the next shoot&greet?:D
    I'll bring some targets

Usa8235 and topcop14 like this.
  10. kwflatbed

Four killed, dozens wounded in Afghan Koran burning

KABUL (Reuters) - Four people were shot dead and dozens wounded in protests in Afghanistan which flared for a second day on Wednesday in several cities over the burning of copies of the Koran, Islam's holy book, at NATO's main base in the country.
    The American Embassy said its staff were in "lockdown" and travel had been suspended as thousands of people expressed fury over the burning, a public relations disaster for U.S.-led NATO forces fighting Taliban militants ahead of the withdrawal of foreign combat troops by the end of 2014.
    The U.S. government and the American commander of NATO-led forces in Afghanistan apologized after Afghan laborers found charred copies of the Koran while collecting rubbish at the sprawling Bagram Airbase about an hour's drive north of Kabul.
    It failed to contain the fury. Thousands of Afghans took to the streets again, chanting anti-American slogans.

http://news.yahoo.com/afghans-begin-second-day-protest-koran-burning-052511764.html

11. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

[​IMG]
    Los Angeles Times
    2 US troops killed in Koran backlash
    CBS News - ‎1 hour ago‎

Two US troops have been shot to death and four more wounded by an Afghan solider who turned his gun on his allies in apparent anger over the burning of Korans at a US military base in Afghanistan, an Afghan official tells CBS News.

12. Delta784

Delta784 Guest

13. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

Burn them all kill them all religion of peace my ass. Tired of the double standard.

14. justanotherparatrooper

Carney Sends Afghans Our “Severe Apologies”

by Keith Koffler on February 23, 2012, 4:20 pm
    White House Press Secretary Jay Carney today offered “severe apologies” to Afghans for the burning of Korans by U.S. soldiers, suggesting kowtowing by the U.S. government to Afghanistan over the incident was necessary to avoid attacks on U.S. troops.
    “One of the reasons that it’s appropriate to express our severe apologies for this incident is the kind of reaction that it could cause that risks putting our men and women in harms way, in further risk than they already are,” Carney said.
    Carney made the statement as he confirmed to reporters flying with the President Obama aboard Air Force One to Miami that Obama had himself apologized in a letter to Afghan President Hamid Karzai for the incident.
    Carney sought to minimize the move, saying the apology was only a brief portion of a three-page letter to Karzai focusing on a multitude of topics.
    Carney also suggested that George W. Bush had done much the same thing after an American soldier shot a Koran up with bullets in Baghdad.
    But then-White House Press Secretary Dana Perino said at the time Bush had only apologized to Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki “in the sense that he said that we take it very seriously.”
    http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/02/23/carney-sends-afghans-severe-apologies/

15. SgtAndySipowicz

16. DEI8

DEI8 Supporting Member

The apology drives me nucking futs. Bull shit, never in a million years, not even on my death bed would I ever apologize to the enemy. Due to the asshatery of this administration I would deep fat fry that shit ass book in pig fat, wrap it in bacon then burn it.

I would hate to waste a pound of bacon like that, but it would be worth it.

17. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

The whole thing is a useless geustere these people could care less if they get an apology. The event sparked something they could Bitch about America and thats it.

18. OCKS

OCKS Guest

Time to bring our folks home and let them all kill each other over there.

Marks72, Usa8235 and mtc like this.
  19. CJIS

CJIS MassCops Member

USA TODAY
    7 more Afghans killed in protests over Quran burning
    USA TODAY - ‎5 minutes ago‎

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) - Afghan officials say at least seven people have been killed in protests around the country against the burning of Qurans at a US air base.

20. kwflatbed

21. honor12900

honor12900 MassCops Member

There is no reasoning with these people. There is no middle ground, no give and take, no negotiating with them. The liberals and/ or politicians need to understand this. I know everyone wants to believe we can get them to change but it will never happen. Apologies from us are meaningless because we are the infidels to them and should be killed for our beliefs.

Delta784 likes this.
  22. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Instead of apologizing and appeasing, show the truth of these corrupted radicalized "holy books" being used to spread hate and secret messages. Why are politicians and leaders here and abroad so averse to the truth because they think the stupid masses can't handle it? The Korans were burned because they were perverted by criminals. DJ got shot because he attempted to murder a police officer with his car. No apologies needed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Delta784 likes this.
  23. Amazing. I wonder how Obama is able to walk around when he has no spine?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

24. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

25. kwflatbed

Afghans: Quran-burning soldiers to face trial

Says NATO agreed to bring to justice 'those responsible for incident'

In a development that could chill the dedication of every soldier in the field, the U.S. government has refused to deny reports by the government of Afghanistan that NATO has agreed to have the soldiers who burned copies of the Quran face trial.
    Last week, Afghan president Hamid Karzai demanded NATO turn over the U.S. troops to be tried in Afghanistan. President Obama subsequently sent a letter to Karzai reassuring him that the troops involved would be punished for their actions.
    Part of the three-page letter to Karzai said, “I extend to you and the Afghan people my sincere apologies. We will take the appropriate steps to avoid any recurrence, to include holding accountable those responsible.”
    It is unclear exactly what Obama meant by that statement as the White House has not released the full text of the letter. However, the Afghan government may have provided insight into its contents.
    Over the weekend, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan government media and information center website posted a joint statement by the delegations assigned to probe the Quran burning incident.
    The statement says that two delegations were created to “investigate the circumstances and causes that have led to the inhumane incident.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/afghans-quran-burning-soldiers-to-face-trial/