Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came accross this website the other day. http://www.motorists.com/ma/index.html

National Motorists Association... one would think that it is some type of organization that promotes safe driving. But no, they provide information on how to "get out of a ticket". Maybe some of the info on there can be useful to us, when we go to court or write our next citation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone has checked out that site and read some of the postings... There seems to be alot of appeals that are found NOT RESPONSIBLE b/c the officer failed to have the driver sign the citation. Anyone ever request someone to sign the cite? Anyone have an appeal found N/R because of that?
 

·
MassCops Member
Joined
·
132 Posts
P9,

I tried that after going through a radar class and learning that the law says we must offer the operator sign the cite. After a few citations in which every op signed without question, I was called in by my Sgt and Chief. The chief said:

1. No one does this.
2. I don't want officers standing in traffic any longer than necessary.
3. You are giving them a potential weapon (pen).

Whatever.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
I received a certfied mail from this idiot I cited and he requested the exact documents that language as used on that site. After readign all the information and some of the cases how they were won, I think it made me a much better trained police officer, so i left them this e-mail

I would like to thank this website for the wonderful training it provides to law enforcement officers such as myself. I am sending these training materials of cases won from your readers to as many law enforcement officers throughout the state so they may have the same knowledge and be prepared with the questions that might arise when we appear in court. The Public Records Information Act is an excellent example and my department now understands much better the procedures required so a successfull judgement might be secured on behalf of the Commonwealth. Thank you again and please stay safe. Remember Speed Kills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
I never knew that the operator was supposed to sign the citation. I got a ticket and I didn't sign it, but still paid! Damn!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
H50 said:
I received a certfied mail from this idiot I cited and he requested the exact documents that language as used on that site. After readign all the information and some of the cases how they were won, I think it made me a much better trained police officer, so i left them this e-mail

I would like to thank this website for the wonderful training it provides to law enforcement officers such as myself. I am sending these training materials of cases won from your readers to as many law enforcement officers throughout the state so they may have the same knowledge and be prepared with the questions that might arise when we appear in court. The Public Records Information Act is an excellent example and my department now understands much better the procedures required so a successfull judgement might be secured on behalf of the Commonwealth. Thank you again and please stay safe. Remember Speed Kills.
As the webmaster of the site in question I'd like to point out we never received such a letter. Furthermore, a police officer should not be relying on public for his professional training or understanding of the law. Remeber: You must follow the law before you get called on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
snek said:
As the webmaster of the site in question I'd like to point out we never received such a letter. Furthermore, a police officer should not be relying on public for his professional training or understanding of the law. Remeber: You must follow the law before you get called on it.
1. I find it an odd coincidence that you happened to join this site today if in fact you did not receieve such a letter. (Or aren't someone from this board posing as the webmaster to stir the pot.) :?:

2. Police officers do and should take the opportuniy to learn wherever and whenever they can. Official training is the starting point, not the end, of an officer's education. :85565:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
jd said:
snek said:
As the webmaster of the site in question I'd like to point out we never received such a letter. Furthermore, a police officer should not be relying on public for his professional training or understanding of the law. Remember: You must follow the law before you get called on it.
1. I find it an odd coincidence that you happened to join this site today if in fact you did not receieve such a letter. (Or aren't someone from this board posing as the webmaster to stir the pot.) :?:
Looking at the statistics, I noticed yesterday and today my site got about 20 hits from this board. In order to see the posts here, I had to join. There is no mystery and certainly no conspiracy here.

As for stirring the pot, I am not the one calling motorists "idiots" and taking a credit for some e-mail to a web site, where there was none.
 

·
Zombie Hunter
Joined
·
4,815 Posts
That's okay, snek, you keep "advising" the motorists out there breaking the law, I'll keeping citing them. Hey, I get PAID to go to court, so its always a win-win situation for me, unlike your law-breaking clients!
 

·
Zombie Hunter
Joined
·
4,815 Posts
By the way, this is fun! We should invite the ACLU to this site, I would sure like to give them an earful!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Killjoy275 said:
That's okay, snek, you keep "advising" the motorists out there breaking the law, I'll keeping citing them. Hey, I get PAID to go to court, so its always a win-win situation for me, unlike your law-breaking clients!
That would be OK, if everybody played by the rules...
 

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
Joined
·
8,658 Posts
Knowledge, however attained, is a good thing. Even rumor and inuendo can provide some intelligence for how you perform your job.
:wink:

In any event, a website dedicated to "beating" CMVI's might be better redirected at some other more damaging threat to society like how to prevent OUI's, family violence, STD's etc
:-({|=
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
mpd61 said:
Knowledge, however attained, is a good thing. Even rumor and inuendo can provide some intelligence for how you perform your job.
:wink:

In any event, a website dedicated to "beating" CMVI's might be better redirected at some other more damaging threat to society like how to prevent OUI's, family violence, STD's etc
:-({|=
But then it would never occur to the LEOs here what that "violator signature" box is for... :)
 

·
screw you...
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
ummmmm, ooh ooh let me guess pleeeeease!!! It's for the wrongly accused "violator" to sign and acknowledge receipt of the falsley issued citation. It is not an admission of guilt, because all of us here know, we only issue citations to harass the everyday Joe.... And no we don't have anything better to do.... :2up:
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
I DID SEND the e-mail but it came back because CRAZY IVAN was using SPAM ARREST

Ivan here,

I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail.

Just this once, click the link below so I can receive your emails. You won't have to do this again.
Ivan, I would like to thank you for your website. After learning all those wonderful things and receiving a letter from a person i cited going 40 miles per hour over the speed limit, requesting all the things listed in your website and the example testimony you used to beat the ticket, i made pictures, schematics, measurements, calibration sheets, logs, case law regarding 90/2 and everything else i may need. That poor fella should have taken the deal at the magistrate's hearing. :mrgreen: =D>

P.S. SInce you joined this wonderful website and read the intended e-mail it is no longer necessary to resend it. See ya Mr.Advocate.
 

·
Subscribing Member
Joined
·
4,316 Posts
Hey guys and gals, here is another winner, I used to see him all the time in court at Brockton District but haven't seen him there in awhile. Maybe business is going bad.

http://www.madrunkdrivingdefense.com/

Here are some tips he suggests
SURVIVAL INFORMATION

* Do not answer any questions other than name and address.
* Do not agree to perform roadside tests.
* Do not agree to have your eyes tested.
* Do not agree to blow into a handheld breath tester.
* Do not consent to a breath or blood test, if you are asked to take one.
* BE POLITE. PRODUCE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS.

Now, he doesn't mention that if the person doesn't comply, he will be arrested, license suspension will be for 180 days vs 30 days with no chances of obtaining a hardship license. That person will still have a criminal record FOREVER and prosecution still has an excellent chance based on the officer's reports, observations and testimony. Oh yeah he forgot to mention that you also have to pay him about $5000 instead of taking the 24D program.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :BM: :DP:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
H50 said:
I DID SEND the e-mail but it came back because CRAZY IVAN was using SPAM ARREST

Ivan here,

I'm protecting myself from receiving junk mail.

Just this once, click the link below so I can receive your emails. You won't have to do this again.
So when you boasted here "I left them this e-mail," you "forgot" to mention the letter came back... Do you "forget" to do tracking history, too?
 

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
Joined
·
8,658 Posts
Snek,

All this petty Nyah Nyah BS is really a waste. I work with real "advocates" for human rights, in the arena of the Department of Mental Retardation.
Why don't you PM me and I'll help you get hooked up helping people who really need it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
mpd61 said:
Snek,

All this petty Nyah Nyah BS is really a waste. I work with real "advocates" for human rights, in the arena of the Department of Mental Retardation.
Why don't you PM me and I'll help you get hooked up helping people who really need it?
I understand where you're coming from - but this is what I do.

To you guys a CMVI is petty BS. To the average "idiot" out there, it means $2500 over the next six years, points toward suspension, car rental surcharges, possible job rejection etc. If at any given time 75% of the population is braking a law, you know the system is rigged - and that it's mostly about money.

But hey, we can PM about it - at least someone who's willing to talk about this like a grown-up.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top