·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Native American student's Mohawk haircut gets him removed from class
Published September 20, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook114 Twitter95 livefyre143 Email Print

A Native American second-grader sparked controversy when he showed up at his Utah elementary school recently with a new Mohawk haircut.

Kobe Sanden, 7, a student at Arrowhead Elementary School in Santa Clara, was removed from the classroom and sent to the principal's office over the hairstyle -- which his teacher found disruptive, Fox13 reported Thursday.

Eventually, the boy was allowed to return to class with the Mohawk after his mother provided documentation the school requested backing her claim that the haircut was part of their family's Native American culture.

Teyawnna Sanden told the station she wasn't happy with the school's demand for proof.

"I'm sure they didn't intend it to be, but it felt like a form of discrimination," she said. "We didn't want to take it there. We provided the papers, but we didn't feel like it was right to let it go."

Native American student's Mohawk haircut gets him removed from class

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,659 Posts
Amazingly unecessary ado about nothing..................SO lets bust a liitle kids balls about his NATIVE AMERICAN heritage, yet go wayyyyyyyy out of our ways to recognize, promote and placate Muslim extremists and subversives......

NOTHING WRONG HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
This is hilarious! My son got the same Mohawk haircut when he was 7 and school didn't pay any attention to it. Damn, he needs to step it up ;)

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,841 Posts
The day I'm called to school regarding my son's haircut being disruptive... I'll be known in town as "that psycho." I'll time myself to see how many desks I can flip in 30 seconds.

Man, my tolerance level for this shit has flatlined. School administrators are getting dumber by the year.

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
There were parents who got calls about hair at my kids' elementary school, but it was a private school with a top to toe appearance policy/dress code. If this school administration really wants to dictate hair style; then, they need to convince the school board to make it a policy. Since that's unlikely to happen, they need to lighten up. Personally I don't like mohawks, but it's only a distraction if someone makes an issue out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts