Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The second full week of April (this year it is April 13-19) is National Public Safety Telecommunicators week. The week to aknowledge the hard work of your dispatchers.

Please take a moment during this week to say thank you to your dispatchers and call takers.
Also pass this on to your town and city managers, mayors and chiefs. You would be suprised how a little pat on the back will improve spirits.

I will post more information on the NPST week over the next few days.

Thanks
Jeremie

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,657 Posts
Hey Now!!!!!

Let's all hug our dispatchers that week.(No sexual harassment though) Buy em lunch/dinner from the $.99 menu. Buy em a $.99 shoebox greeting card (thank-you). Get them a gift certificate to Buck-a-Book. give them an extra bathroom break! Come on it's easy and economical to show your dispatcher(s) how much we appreciate they're being on the team!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the ideas. I tell you right now an extra bathroom break would be a great thing. Once again thanks for the ideas on how to thank your dispatchers.
jeremie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey MPD61

You're one in a million, you are too good :D but I have to ask a question. What is a bathroom break???

Instead of the $.99 menu (which is great the day before payday) how about getting a collection together and getting your Dispatcher something from the really cool MassNet gear. Ohhhh I forgot, that might make us look like an actual member of the Department! :eek:

And on the 8th day, God created the Dispatcher

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For Immediate Release

[email protected]

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH RECOGNIZES

NATION'S PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROFESSIONALS

Daytona Beach, Fla. (April 11, 2003) - President George W. Bush wrote a letter to the Association of Public-safety Communications Officials International (APCO), recognizing the nation's public safety telecommunications professionals for their invaluable work in defending the country. The letter was timed to coincide with National Public Safety Telecommunications Week, April 13-19.

President Bush tied the telecommunications professionals' to homeland defense. He wrote, "During this time of great consequence, the skilled men and women who operate our emergency telecommunications networks play a vital role in protecting citizens and communities."

The president further recognized telecommunications role in coordinating first responses and providing lifesaving assistance to those in need.

For more information on National Public Safety Telecommunications Week or to view the president's letter, visit APCO's website at http://apco911.org/about/npstw.htm

About APCO International
The Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International, Inc. is the world's oldest and largest not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to the enhancement of public safety communications. With more than 16,000 members around the world, APCO International exists to serve the people who manage, operate, maintain, and supply the communications systems used to safeguard the lives and property of citizens everywhere

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering if any city/town or dept celebrated or acknowledged their dispatchers/call takers during the NPSTW.

If your city/town or dept did please post it here and what was done.

If you know of any city/town or dept that did please post it here also.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We use this week to announce my agencies Telecommunicator of the year award and also any longevity awards. We have a small lunch with police and fire invited and all PD and FD Chiefs attend to hand out the awards. Small, but effective... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.