Nashua PD | MassCops

Nashua PD

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by jacked08, Jun 30, 2009.

1. jacked08

jacked08 New Member

Any info about the dept/area would be appreciated. Checked other posts and wanted to see if there might be some new input. Planning on taking the fall exam. Thanks

2. mase4615

mase4615 MassCops Member

From what i have heard, the dept is very para military....Not sure how true it is.

3. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

Very squared away dept. From the Chief on down there is about 180 Cops. They handle ALL investigations (including homicides). If you are squared away you'll have no problems there. If you get on and become a fu*kup, you'll spend many shifts booking prisoners (instead of the street). If you bust your ass and do good police work, you'll be rewarded down the road (drug unit, CID, YSD etc etc). During the 1 year probation period they will definitly be watching how you do, and if they don't like you it is possible you'll be let go. I enjoyed my time there, and quite frankly regret leaving for Mass at times.

They will not hire just because they need to hire. 450 took the test I got hired off of, and 7 were hired........ A little hint as well. They do the WRITTEN EXAM and then PT on the same day. They will tell you to wear PT clothing, as you PT after the written exam. Wear a suit, you'll stick out like a sore thumb. Bring a duffle bag with PT clothing inside of it and change after the written test. Worked for me.......... Remember, there is a polygraph test. If you've done any drug other than a little pot (a long time ago), don't even bother. They will find out. You'll be wasting your time and theirs.........

4. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

You will find several "squared away" departments in NH. In some cases they'll toss away exam grades and start fresh if they find too many "problems" with those who passed. Background tests are extensive. Polygraph is given and people are let go if they do not work out. You will be expected to keep in shape and pass agility regularly throughout your career. This is mandated statewide by Police Standards and Training. Nashua is a very busy department.
    Good luck.

5. Tuna

Tuna Always entertained

Very squared away dept. My district boarders NH from Dracut to Pepperell. I've worked with Nashaua many times when the job takes us over the line. cooperation and getting the job done right are just a couple of Nashaua's assets. You land up there good for you.

6. jacked08

jacked08 New Member

Thanks for all the intel. Sounds like it's a good place.