Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nashua Police Department is currently accepting applications. The next Police Officer Examination will take place on Saturday, December 15, 2012. All applications must be received prior to Friday, November 30, 2012. The test will be conducted at Nashua High School South. NO RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
WOMEN AND BILINGUAL INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
To review our application and physical fitness requirements, visit our website at www.nashuapd.com.
The Nashua Police Department invites you to investigate a challenging and rewarding career in the law enforcement profession with one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the Country.
The Nashua Police Department has 177 sworn officers within a Nationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency serving a city of 90,000 residents. Nashua is one of New England's most progressive, fastest growing cities offering law enforcement career opportunities surpassed by few.
The City of Nashua is New Hampshire's second largest city. N.P.D. provides a unique law enforcement experience-the excitement and variety of police work characteristic of a moderately sized city, yet also the opportunity to personally interact with the community's residents. Police Officer duties include general or special duty police work in the maintenance of law and order, in the protection of life and property, and in the prevention and suppression of crime.
Nashua is located in the heart of New England and was selected by MONEY MAGAZINE in 1987 and 1997 as the best to live in the United States.
The Nashua Police Department is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER

G

·
LOL. Most people can't nail the easier one than this one. I a while back got smoked on a pt test in the situps :(

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
LOL. Most people can't nail the easier one than this one. I a while back got smoked on a pt test in the situps :(
Sit ups are always the killer during the PT sessions for applicants.

Keep chugging away and the numbers get a lot easier as you close in on that 60 second mark. Just remember to focus on better workouts when you are at the gym to go along with sit ups.

Doing sit ups all day are great for your PT day, but are a shitty workout in the long run for your core.

G

·
Sit ups are always the killer during the PT sessions for applicants.

Keep chugging away and the numbers get a lot easier as you close in on that 60 second mark. Just remember to focus on better workouts when you are at the gym to go along with sit ups.

Doing sit ups all day are great for your PT day, but are a shitty workout in the long run for your core.
That's true. I hit the gym daily and still have trouble hammering out the situps. Even after training and following online routines. Good thing I got in in mass and didn't have to do this test lol. But for peace of mind I'm still trying so I know i can pass in nh. Hell i may work there someday.

·
Super Moderator
6,640 Posts
Wonderful...test is the same day as the Great Bay test in Portsmouth that is good for 30+ towns.....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
That's true. I hit the gym daily and still have trouble hammering out the situps. Even after training and following online routines. Good thing I got in in mass and didn't have to do this test lol. But for peace of mind I'm still trying so I know i can pass in nh. Hell i may work there someday.
Sit ups, much like push ups, increase at pretty steady curve as long as you are doing them at a regular interval. To keep shit simple: do more of them throughout the day. In as little as two weeks you should see a increase in the number. 200 in two minutes is pretty standard for the military and is a good indicator on where you are and where you need to be.

The problem is that sit ups (unlike push ups) do not actually increase your overall strength or improve your cardio much beyond that basic movement. .

G

·
Wonderful...test is the same day as the Great Bay test in Portsmouth that is good for 30+ towns.....
Definitely stick to the great bay. Good chance you'll be called in for pt testing for a few agencies. NH has quite a few openings right now. Worst part is passing the polygraph :eek:

·
Super Moderator
6,640 Posts
Ive always preferred the shotgun approach

G

·
It's sad. It's total junk science. Stops a lot of great people from becoming officers. A good background investigation can turn up the issues the candidates have. At least mass has done something right and doesn't allow them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It amazed me the people that showed up at these PT tests utterly out of shape. I saw more fail the run than the sit-ups but that could just be when I was applying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I
It's unfortunate, because I was planning on both tests as well, but at least they both occur frequently. GBCC should be holding another test in 3-4 months and I'm sure Nashua will be hiring again sometime in the spring/summer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's a shame that Nashua has a ridiculous no tattoo policy. Asking applicants to have visible tattoos removed is a bit off the wall, at least give the opportunity to cover/conceal. Last time I checked it is the 21st century and doesn't seem they are much of an equal opportunity employer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My 19yr old serving in the Army wants tats - he KNOWS - nothing lower than a T-shirt sleeve on his arms, and nothing on his calves.

He KNOWS because since he was in Middle School - his dream is to be a cop or trooper and knows that many departments have visible ink policies.

That's just how it is - no visible ink. Don't like it find an agency that doesn't mind.
I hear ya... I have worked for a number of PDs in PA and all of them allowed tattoos. Some of them have adapted to change and allowed individuals to at least cover them. But to ask a person to remove it is a little asinine. I have a number of tattoos, which most are concealed. One in particular just creeps out from my short sleeve uniform...Hence which would disqualify me from even applying. But like you said...Will take my search elsewhere.

·
Lemme take a selfie
5,842 Posts
It's a shame that Nashua has a ridiculous no tattoo policy. Asking applicants to have visible tattoos removed is a bit off the wall, at least give the opportunity to cover/conceal. Last time I checked it is the 21st century and doesn't seem they are much of an equal opportunity employer.
Website says nothing below the elbow, nothing above the collar.

Sounds like you might be okay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts