Nashua NH Police Accepting Apps... | MassCops

Nashua NH Police Accepting Apps...

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by jajeta1229, Sep 29, 2010.

1. jajeta1229

jajeta1229 MassCops Member

The Official Website of the Nashua Police Department - Nashua, NH - Careers

The Nashua Police Department is currently accepting applications. The next Police Officer examination will take place on Saturday, 15 January 2011. All applications must be received by Thursday, 30 December 2010. The test will be conducted at Nashua High School South. NO RESIDENCY REQUIRED. Women and bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.

2. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

Does anyone know if they are actually hiring or just compiling a list?

3. canhockjmg

canhockjmg MassCops Member

They did this last year too and I haven't heard if they hired anyone or not from that test.

4. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

What, if anything do you have to lose?

5. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

keep banging away .

the odds have to favor you at some point

6. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

I live about an hour and a half away. I don't want to waste a vacation day to take the test if they are just going to sit on the results for a couple years. I understand the importance of testing wherever you can but if they aren't actually hiring, it's not something I am going to burn time on to go do.

7. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

They keep a list. They have hired officers and you cannot be considered unless you are on the list. The hiring process and very stringent. Talk to their recruiters about whether or not it's worthwhile re-testing.

8. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

I talked to one of the recruiters this morning. He stated that there will be openings in January but they can't garuntee that they will hire anyone which is understandable.

9. niteowl1970

niteowl1970 Moderator Staff Member

You seem really serious about being a cop :thumbs_down:

10. Chrysler300

Chrysler300 MassCops Member

You can only have so much motivation. As the jobs don't respond back, the years go by until finally all motivation comes to a hault.

11. niteowl1970

Then at that point does someone settle for Securitas or some other dead end security job ? I understand people need a paycheck, and security provides that but that doesn't mean someone should stop applying for jobs altogether. There are members here that stayed motivated even though it took several years to get on somewhere.

12. 263FPD

263FPD MassCops Angel

Had I subscribed to that train of thought, I would not be on this job today. Waiting to get on for five years sucked, but I still took every opportunity seriously.

13. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

I am really glad to see fellow officers being so "professional"... I recently moved from Pennsylvania. I was a full time officer there and I am certified in Collision Reconstruction. I believe I have more motivation than you probably have. With a wife and two children, it may not make a lot of sense for me to burn a day and go take the test, it might for you. With the way the economy and job market is right now, departments would rather hire local canidates. I never said I wouldn't test, I'm simply asking others opinions, thanks for your motivation.

14. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8A4CoKiAsc"]YouTube - friday-damn[/nomedia]
    DAMNN!!!!!!!!!

15. niteowl1970

[​IMG]

What a 4th post by this asshat.

16. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

I have been told by three departments that I have interviewed at that the reason they went with another canidate is because they were local. Also, you don't know me, so don't think you know how motivated I am. I simply asked a question in the beginning to find out some information about the departments hiring status. I'm not asking for anyones opinion about myself, this isn't facebook. Thanks for all the help and support!

17. 5-0

5-0 Guest

I don't go out of my way to take tests anymore either Wagnerra.... I can't keep pressing the reset button on my paycheck with 3 little ones. I understand your point, just bear in mind that this site has been around for a while, and we have a short fuse for crybabies (not saying you are one), complaining about how hard it is to get on the job. We've all been there. If you were a F/T officer, and have specialized training, I'm sure it will happen for you up here sooner or later.

I did chuckle at your FB line though...

18. niteowl1970

I did too... But I know people that have moved to different parts of the country to find work. New England isn't the easiest place to get a job in law enforcement so if it means driving an hour and a half to put your name in the hat so be it.

My advice to you Wagnerra is to put in for that job at Western New England College. you sound like a qualified candidate and getting your foot into the commonwealth's door there could lead to other things in the future.

I wish you and your family the best of luck.

19. Wagnerra

Wagnerra MassCops Member

Thanks, I'm didn't mean to sound like I was whining or piss anyone off like I guess I did. Simply looking for some advice. I am currently working for a College(Unarmed) Department here in Mass. It is a completely different world from being an officer for a municipal department in PA. I really miss being on the street. I am going to take the test and see where it goes. Good luck to anyone else if your gonna test as well.

20. CapeE30

CapeE30 New Member

I'm driving from the Cape... could be worse

21. smithie1134

smithie1134 New Member

Nashua PD

Has anyone had their oral board interview for the Nashua PD yet? I have one in 2 weeks and I am just wondering how people have done and what they have encountered. I am sure other people would like to know as well. Any info would be much appreciated!

22. cc3915

cc3915 MassCops Angel Staff Member

Re: Nashua PD

smithie,

I merged your thread with a thread about Nashua Pd that was already here. In the future, please use the search feature to find the right place to put your post. Having multiple threads about the same subject can be confusing.

Good luck with your interview.