Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone had a good series of drug interdiction questions to ask during MV stops, of known users or of susp vehicles in "known drug neighborhoods"?

Feel free to PM them to me if you'd like...
Thanks.

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
Not necessarily a drug interdiction question, but a question I often ask is :
are there any dead bodies, bombs or bazookas in the vehicle? I have found that if someone is trying to hide something they often don't realise you are asking such "unusual" questions and will be serious in their replys. People that often have nothing to hide, will laugh when you ask the questions. As with everything, it doesn't always work, but I have found it useful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I think that they might be on anything, I'll ask my questions a faster and see how quickly they can respond. And if that doesn't work, then rip the car a part

·
Registered
59 Posts
I took a fletc class at yarmouth pd with det. peterson, real good stuff. The dept has a good training center, and i know det. peterson said he was hoping to organize a full drug school (1-2 weeks as opposed to the 3 day school I went to) sometime this year. Keep checking http://www.yarmouthpolice.com/train.htm for the schedule.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I took the 3 day FLETC class at the Vermont State Police academy in November of 2004. The instructors were a DEA agent, a Deputy Chief from Illinois and a Detective from the Washington State Patrol. FLETC also has a week long course which certifies students to teach the 3 day class.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a great book on conducting these kind of stops called "Tactics for Criminal Patrol" by Charles Remsberg. It is available from Calibre Press. Get it, you'll be glad you did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts