Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Town of Nantucket is currently accepting applications for the position of regular full-time police officer. Preferences for applicants are listed below. Applicants who meet one or more ofthe application preferences listed below will be given priority consideration:

• Degree from an accredited college or university;​
  • Military service with honorable discharge;​
  • Prior work experience with the Nantucket Police Department as a Summer Officer;​
  • Police Officer Certification from the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee;​
  • Resident of Nantucket.​

Successful candidates should not have any criminal history record. Candidateswill be subject to an oral interview and extensive background check to determine thecandidates qualifications for the position. Successful candidates will be required topass physical and psychological examinations and may be required to attend a 23week police academy.

Salary range is $44,123.83 - $62,642.29. Benefits include: Quinn Bill, 90% BlueCross in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.

Application must be downloaded from the internet at:

[URL="http://www.nantucketpolice.com/"]http://www.NantucketPolice.com[/URL]

The closing date for receipt of completed applications is September 8, 2008 at 4:00 P.M. E.D.T. All completed applications must be mailed to the Nantucket Police Department at the address noted, ATTN: Deputy Chief Gibson.

Applicants should be aware that Nantucket, Massachusetts is an island community located 30 miles off of the coast of Cape Cod. The community is highly seasonal and may be considered isolated during the off-season. Prospective applicants should research the community and location before considering applying.​

Nantucket Police Department
Deputy Chief Charles Gibson

20 South Water Street
Nantucket,MA 02554508-228-1212

·
Registered
397 Posts
So if you're a veteran with a degree from a good school who happens to have gone to an academy but for some reason lives in Nantucket, and you happened to work as a Summer Officer back in college--you're in!

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
As I hear it, right under the ad was another ad for a service that helps hook up roommates.

That makes sense since I've always heard no one who works in Nantucket can afford to live there.

·
I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.
18,428 Posts
There once was a cop from Gosnold who....damn, how does that go again? Something, something, OLD....?

·
Registered
164 Posts
There once was a cop from Nantucket who saw kids catching squid in a bucket.
He pulled out his pen and fined 'em both ten,
and said "Clean the ink off the boat where you've chucked it."

·
Badge101432
50 Posts
There once was a cop from Nantucket...and then he applied to another town and Nantucket could not wait to get rid of him....and now hes unemployed....

So I hear the place is a pain in the ass to worK? Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used to be an airport firefighter for the town of Nantucket. I know a little bit about the department. It is a fairly well paying job, with a great group of guys. They also carry tasers. However, i left my job with the town because i could not afford to live there. I was paying 750 a month to rent out a basement. So if you are not from there it is nearly impossible to afford a house down there. Summers are quite busy but the winter is quite long. Good luck to all that apply

1 - 12 of 12 Posts