1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N.H. couple charged with trying to sacrifice children
By Marie Szaniszlo
Saturday, November 13, 2004

A New Hampshire woman and her boyfriend were in jail yesterday on charges they forced their way into a Rochester church in a bizarre attempt to sacrifice her three children on the altar.

``Eighteen years I've been doing this,'' police Lt. Paul Callaghan said yesterday, ``and I've never come across anything like it.''

Police received a 911 call shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday from the staff at St. Mary's Church on Lowell Street, where Nicole Mancini, 29, of Farmington and John Thurber, 35, of Rochester took the three boys, Callaghan said.

Mancini and the two youngest, ages 2 and 7, were in their pajamas, he said, and she was ``kind of delusional. . . . The church staff told us she wanted to sacrifice the middle child by 3 o'clock.''

Detectives later found out the couple ultimately planned to sacrifice all three children, and already had gone to a Farmington church with that intent but had been unable to get in, Callaghan said.

No weapon was found, he said, and police are investigating the motive.

The three children were turned over to the Department of Children, Youth and Families, and remained in state custody yesterday. The couple were arrested without incident, and each was charged with three counts of endangering the welfare of a child. Thurber, the 2-year-old's father, also was charged with marijuana possession.

What kid wouldn't want parents like this!!

·
1,334 Posts
N.H. couple charged with trying to sacrifice children
By Marie Szaniszlo
Saturday, November 13, 2004

Mancini and the two youngest, ages 2 and 7, were in their pajamas, he said, and she was ``kind of delusional. . . . The church staff told us she wanted to sacrifice the middle child by 3 o'clock.''
She wanted to sacrifice the middle child by 3 o'clock :shock: Where do these people come from? And at a church no less. How bad could kids ranging from age 2 to 7 be that the mother and the sh$#thead boyfriend would think about sacrificing them. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I wonder if they're related to the parents of the child that got tazed? :shock:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Always knew New Hampshire was a little bizarre, I mean the state worshipped a Man of the Mountain and actually had a memorial when he fell apart.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Look on the bright side: At least the Globe didn't lead with a headline like "NH Police Interfere In Family Religious Beliefs", or "Cops Destroy Family". Maybe they are getting smarter?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Look on the bright side: At least the Globe didn't lead with a headline like "NH Police Interfere In Family Religious Beliefs", or "Cops Destroy Family". Maybe they are getting smarter?
Getting smarter? Naw... more likely no one suggested it. Somewhere there is a journalist banging his head against his ornate desk thinking, "why didn't I think of that!?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.