Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know how the Mystic Valley Gun Club in Malden is? Iam looking to find a new gun club since the Lowell Sportmans club is to much of a drive for me, but this Mystic Valley Gun Club application is saying I would need a sponsor and I dont know anyone from that club.

·
Subscribing Member
312 Posts
Enforcer174 said:
Would anyone know how the Mystic Valley Gun Club in Malden is? Iam looking to find a new gun club since the Lowell Sportmans club is to much of a drive for me, but this Mystic Valley Gun Club application is saying I would need a sponsor and I dont know anyone from that club.
I have never been to that club. Most clubs will want a sponsor before you can join. I belong to Mass Rifle Association in Woburn. http://www.massrifle.com They have excellent facilities and give each member 24 hour access.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Usually if you appear in front of the BOD or membership meeting (depends on club), some one of the officers will sign for you. Otherwise someone may allow you to shoot with them as a guest until they get to know that you are safe with guns, then they will sign for you.

·
Subscribing Member
1,362 Posts
I agree with JohnJ. I am also a member of Mass rifle in Woburn and it is a great facility along with 24 hour access on certain day you can do skeet shooting or archery. In addition to the skeet range and archery range, they have three other outdoor ranges: a rifle range, a black powder range and a pistol range. All of the outdoor ranges have to be used during the day with certain restrictions but the two interior ranges can be use anytime there is one for standard velocity .22 and the other one you can shoot anything expect .50 caliber. You do not need a sponsor just fill out application hand in with check. They will take your picture and give you a rule book that they want you to read. Then they tell you a night to come down and met to go over the rules and to show you around after that you take an easy test about the rules and then they have you fire both semi-auto and revolvers to show you ability to handle them safely both are .22's at the end they give you your key pass all very painless.

G

·
Enforcer174 said:
The club is nice and well run. The fact that is run by all volunteers can it hard sometimes to get a question answered or a phone call returned.

You should be abale to get around the sponsor requirement especially if you take one of their classes before you sign up for membership. They are open 24 7.

·
MassCops Member
182 Posts
You can call Officer Ron Alley,JR at Melrose PD at 781-665-1212. He works midnights, gets out of roll at about 11:55 pm, and should be able to answer all of your questions. He's a member.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is a great club. I have been a member for a few years now. I did not have a sponsor when I joined, I just went down with a check went over the rules and shot a .38. The initiation fee is high around 300 but 80 a year after that. New memberships are every 3rd wed. of the month at around 7-730pm. If they bust your chops about a sponsor pm me.

G

·
Enforcer174 said:
I was member when i lived in Medford. i liked it because there was 24 hours access via key card. When I joined, I called and the guy told me that sopmebody in the club would sponsor me. I think you must be a member of the NRA also.

Give them a call and explain that your are a cop, but do not know anybody at the club. They helped me out, but that was way back. Overall the club is excellent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts