My son Welcome home | Page 6 | MassCops

My son Welcome home

Discussion in 'Military News' started by justanotherparatrooper, Jul 20, 2007.

1. LongKnife56

LongKnife56 MassCops Member

I'm sure you're glad he's home. Is he happy, too?

Thank him for his service. That's the good thing now (and hopefully it will continue for awhile) - that is, that many Americans will thank servicemen/women for their service and really appreciate what they are doing for us.

Just curious, I served with a First Cav unit: 1/9 (First of the Ninth) when it was a helicopter reconnaissance squadron. Now it's a ground cav unit. What unit did your son serve with?

2. ArchAngel2

ArchAngel2 Grand Admin Commander

Welcome home, I hope he enjoys his leave. Please thank my brother in arms for his service.

3. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

Congrats, JAP. Welcome him to the brotherhood of combat vets for me.

4. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

The Red and White of the 1st Cavalry will run deep in his blood forever. Godspeed for his next tour.

[​IMG]

Trivia: what patch was displayed on Mel Gibson's right sleeve for combat service in Korea? (no google or wikipedia, nerds)

5. ArchAngel2

ArchAngel2 Grand Admin Commander

If I remember correctly the patch is from a unit that is now deactivated, 7th Infantry Diviion,,, aka the hourglas division.

6. csauce777

csauce777 Supporting Member

I second that. Welcome home, and thank you! :DB:

Now please put lots of ARMY stickers on your car, drive to Dallas, and smack that bleeding heart, liberal, coddling, cry baby, douchebag of a HOA president who feels vet's shouldnt be allowed to display their bumperstickers.

7. OfficerObie59

OfficerObie59 Public Trough Feeder

2nd ID...the Indian Head patch.

8. LongKnife56

I don't remember, but the important thing is that it was not a Special Forces patch. LOL.

9. wolf9848

wolf9848 MassCops Member

I believe ArchAngel is right, he had the 7th ID on as his combat patch. He was wearing the 2nd ID patch as his current unit patch before the unit reflagged as a unit under the 1st Cav.

10. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

I had no idea, but, based off the information keyword Korea I would have guessed the same.

Lil tidbit: Under 1st Cav it is the second largest Army patch. But, "Second to None":woot:

Manchu Mile, any one?

11. SinePari

7th ID is correct. Col Moore served in the 7th as an Infantry Captain in Korea, then on to West Point I believe, before he got made Col and went to the 1st Cav.

12. Duff112

Duff112 MassCops Member

JAP- Sorry I'm soooo late to this thread. Thank your Son(And by way of extension, you and your family) for all he does for our country!!!

13. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

The fuck is that supposed to mean Cav pogue?

14. sgthoskins

sgthoskins Teufelhunden

Just saw this thread now JAP. Please thank your son from me and my family.

You have many reasons to be proud of him, you're a lucky man.

15. LongKnife56

Hey Deuce. My bad. I thought SinePari was special forces. Now I have learned it's just the way he wants his coffee (without any Equal).

16. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

De Sacchararum Liber...:unsure:

17. SinePari

Liberate the Saccharin...well played :cool:

18. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

Damn, I actually chuckled at that..

19. SinePari

Here's his source of inspiration in case you missed it:

20. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

I did.. Now, he ain't so much funny no more...

21. Inspector

Inspector Subscribing Member

Thank you soldier. May God protect you in your honorable mission.

22. LongKnife56

I never said I was being inspirational, but I do think it was pretty good detective work.

BTW: I always specify "Equal, no sugar" as otherwise they are apt to put both in with the cup of cream and teaspoon full of coffee. And, it's the saccharin that leaves a bad taste, not the Equal. Splenda's OK, also.

23. DoD102

DoD102 MassCops Member

Both my kids joined. Makes an old guy proud doesn't it? I'll keep yours in my prayers too justanotherparatrooper. HOOAH! (former 101st medic)

24. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

been awhile since I posted on this thread. CHarles goes to SFAS on Oct 1st, I'll let you know if he makes the cut .

25. LGriffin

LGriffin Always Watching

If he's anything like you, Charlie, he'll be really good at helping the other men get the log up! For the record, that's a sig reference, not gay reference:shades_smile:

My thoughts and prayers will be with him in this mud, puke, sweat and piss covered time. Please give him our best wishes!