My son Welcome home | Page 3 | MassCops

My son Welcome home

Discussion in 'Military News' started by justanotherparatrooper, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

re: My son Welcome home

You can tell your son you were around when Ranger School had a Desert Phase, too.

2. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

BB, were you in 1st Bn? Desert phase was added after I had been through school.

3. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

No sir, I was never a Ranger. Most of buddies from basic had the RIP contract and many are still in it. I had the airborne option and missed my opportunity to volunteer for rip during airborne school. The Ranger liason was at the patches building (I don't know if it was or is still called that)for one day and we were late getting back from the towers. That was one of my biggest regrets. I think RIP is the best enlistment option. You can now go SF off the street but I think Ranger is the way to go for a kid.

4. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Bump

Charles graduated infantry school on Friday, he started jump school on Saturday. His orders were changed and he is now going to the 82nd instead of RIP at Benning.

5. GodblessThearmy

GodblessThearmy New Member

Congratulations! 82nd is a fine place to serve. He will love it everybit, godspeed.

6. screamineagle

screamineagle Masscops Therapist

nothing wrong with the all americans, JAP!!!!!

7. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

Damn, is he cool with it? I got a bud in the 325, does he know which unit at Bragg?

8. justanotherparatrooper

He aint happy about it but he'll deal...least he aint a leg! He doesnt know where he's going in the 82nd.
    Your right about that SE...The 82nd is an awesome unit.
    as an aside COLUMBAUS GA STILL SUCKS...what a shit hole!

9. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

JAP, Fayettnam is not much better..but it is better. I am not too far away if he needs anything.

10. GodblessThearmy

Gets alot worse some of the places we go...:pinch:

11. justanotherparatrooper

lol, BB..we'll have to meet up for a beer one of these days.
    GBt A... I know, JOB SECURITY:rolleyes:

12. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

:t:

13. GodblessThearmy

Some of the better places though, are the countries where the women can read our LES better than we can :D

14. US706

US706 New Member

Ah’ The Ranger Indoctrination Program, the memories abound…I completely missed this thread before.
    Hey, you and I know the 82nd is a good divison not as good as the 101st, but I have a slighted view on that issue. LOL

Good luck to your boy JAP!

I hope I lead my son to make the same decision. I've already got him learning the Ranger Creed (he's 3):)

15. justanotherparatrooper

Thanks all, He graduates Airborne on Dec 7 barring all the crap that can happen.They cut 40 from his class yesterday just from the pt test.

16. Deuce

Deuce screw you...

The eightydouchebags huh?! Too bad, but at least he won't have far to go for SFAS..

17. SinePari

SinePari Needs more complaints

If he decides to go to the dark side...I'm still a reservist down at SWCS. Maybe I could show him a little love at Camp Slappy.

Then when he graduates I can show him around at Mickeys (formally Ricks for you old farts).

18. vibound

vibound Guest

Tell your son "thanks" from another proud father from NH. One of my sons just completed a second tour in Afghanistan. The first was with the 173rd Airborne and the second was with 7th group SF. He is now out of the Army. Another son is packing as you read this for his first tour in Afghanistan and will be there by Dec. I am very proud of all of our troops that are willing to do their duty and answer our Country's call.

19. Barbrady

Barbrady MassCops Member

I heard SFAS has been reduced to 14 days...and SERE is now part of SUT Ph. II??

20. justanotherparatrooper

Hey all, just an update. Charles injured his knee during tower week and was medically dropped. ...so a fate worth then death, he was assigned to a leg unit. 4thBDE 4thID at Ft Carson. Thank you for all the good thoughts and kind words. He is still planning on doing jump school but it will be in his next enlistment after he's healed fully.

21. Irish Wampanoag

Irish Wampanoag Subscribing Member

Thats too bad, However as a father you might be relieved he will not be seeing battle for a bit. If I were in the same situation I would be very proud. I would be like the father (Anthony Hopkins) in the movie Legends of the fall and order all my sons in to watchout after each other!!

Peace in the Middle East!!!!

22. justanotherparatrooper

I AM very proud of my son.
    "peace in the middle east"...will happen when the morons(muslims) quit wanting all us infidels dead.

23. SinePari

Ugh! Not a black beret!!! ;) Your own blood-line! Oh well, he can still put in for RIP or SFAS and get to jump school before his ETS. Best wishes from the masscops (Army) crew.

24. justanotherparatrooper

Sadly Sine I remember when a black beret MEANT something!

25. SinePari

Ranger that