My Friend Sue. | MassCops

My Friend Sue.

Discussion in 'Fundraisers & Charity Events' started by RodneyFarva, Jan 15, 2015.

1. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

I'm sure most people have by now figured out where and who I work for. So with that said it has been a real hard past few months for my department and other family, the Marlborough Police department. One of our dispatchers child is in real though shape but he is surely on the mend, slow and sure but still has a long road ahead of him.
    Then a few weeks before Christmas My Friend and co-worker Sue had been diagnosed with stage four colon cancer that has spread to her liver. I have known Sue for 15 years, she was the one who trained me in dispatching and welcomed me into the station even though I was the dumb new guy. Sue is one of the most kindest, strongest (both mentally and physically) and caring person I know. She is truly a great friend and a true asset to the city's police department. but she has a hell of a fight ahead of her. This battle I know she'll win, but its going to be tough and the MPD (as a family) will be behind her the whole way. We all have been trying to get funds together to help her and her family out during this hell of a time. so, if you can donate anything at all, I thank you so much in advance. or if you can even just spread the word it would mean so much.

http://www.gofundme.com/k8gniw

Thanks guys!
    -Mike

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    FTH and LGriffin like this.
  2. RodneyFarva

3. RodneyFarva

There will be a Benefit for our Suzy!

Attached Files:

4. RodneyFarva

I was hopping that I would never come back to this thread, and if I did, it would be good news, unfortunately this is not the case.
    It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of Sue, she passed at 2am at umass Saturday morning.

Susan I. Blaisdell, 46

11904668_10153590340862265_7090244985725178779_n.jpg

MILLBURY - Susan I. "Sue" (Schofield) Blaisdell, 46, died Saturday Aug. 15th in UMASS Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, after an eight month battle with stage IV colon cancer.

She leaves her husband, Daniel D. Blaisdell; three children: Alfred "A.J." (24), Danielle (21), and Nicholas Blaisdell (19); her parents, Brian and Sally (Taylor) Schofield of Alton, New Hampshire; and six brothers, Matthew, Michael, Stephen, Robert, Brian, and Andrew Schofield.

Susan was secretary for the Marlborough Chief of Police where she worked for 17 years. In the community, Susan served as president of the Millbury Football Booster's Club. Susan also worked as a R.A.D. instructor, teaching self-defense to women and children.

Her funeral will be held Wednesday, Aug. 19th from Mulhane Home for Funerals, 45 Main St. in Millbury, with a Funeral Mass at 10 AM in St. Brigid Church, 59 Main St. in Millbury. Calling hours are 5-9 PM Tuesday Aug. 18th in the funeral home. Burial will be in Central Cemetery in Millbury. Memorial contributions may be made to St. Brigid's Parish, 59 Main St. in Millbury, MA 01527.

To leave a special message or memory for the family in Susan's online condolence book please visit:

www.mulhane.com

5. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

Mike,
    My condolences to you, Sue's family, and your department family. It really stinks when good people like Sue are taken too early. Why does it always seem like the good folks go early and the idiots last too long...

God Speed and may she rest in peace.

Mr Scribbles and RodneyFarva like this.
  6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

My condolences to her friends and family.
    Rest in peace.

RodneyFarva likes this.
  7. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

My condolences to her friends and family may she rest in peace.

RodneyFarva likes this.
  8. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

Condolences to everyone affected. RIP

RodneyFarva likes this.
  9. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

My condolences to her friends and family.

RodneyFarva likes this.
  10. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Sorry for MPD, her family, and for you Mike....

RodneyFarva likes this.
  11. FTH

FTH MassCops Member

RIP :( I'm so sorry, RF!

RodneyFarva likes this.
  12. Mr Scribbles

Mr Scribbles Mr Scribbles44.blogspot.com

Go with God

RodneyFarva likes this.
  13. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for your loss, rest in peace.