Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
428 Posts
904, see my comments in this thread:

http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62217

If they are hiring for the MA area, I do know a guy who worked for them at the courthouse and JFK Bldg. a few years ago, he had nothing but praise for the company. He went on to bigger and better (Federal) things via networking that was made possible by his MVM gig.

If you seek the lovely pastoral views of countryside and mountains, MVM always seems to have openings in NH and VT.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
They just renewed their contract with the federal properties. The regional trainer is a good friend of mine and loves the company but says the only problem is that you play the contract/no contract waiting game every few years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Easy but very boring job,worked for them for over 4yrs, you are at the mercy of FPS, also the company is OK, has its downfalls, UNION that represents SUCKS!!! But for close to $20/hr, its not a bad gig. Also Reg. trainer is really a great guy, one of few of the suits you can talk to, and see your side.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The three weeks of training are post-hire, you will be paid, so don't worry about needing to use vacation or sick time from a current employer.

But if you can't cut it on the range, you wash out. Their standards do not bend for anyone. In my short time in the building I am in now, I've seen two decent MVM guards disappear after failing to qualify. However those standards are one more thing that makes me feel good about having those guys around.

Hmm...this regional trainer, wonder if I know him, is it PMcM?

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
They way it breaks down, when I looked into it a few years ago was: You actually get $17/hr and the extra $4 and change goes to your health and welfare benefits. So, if you want health insurance, you chip in the $4 and gross the $17. Still not a bad gig but not as much as they say.

G

·
They way it breaks down, when I looked into it a few years ago was: You actually get $17/hr and the extra $4 and change goes to your health and welfare benefits. So, if you want health insurance, you chip in the $4 and gross the $17. Still not a bad gig but not as much as they say.
$17 an hour plus health insurance still isn't bad for an entry-level job.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Started FT with them 5yrs ago, still with them PT/on call, not a bad gig, has its downfalls thus the revolving door of "guards", and management, but you get paid decent money for the work that you do (The work Federal Protective Service should be doing). Like I said though the Union absolutely SUCKS. But anywhere you go you have downfalls

1 - 20 of 67 Posts