Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my department just went live with IMC about a week ago and there is some questions as to what type of report, if any, should be generated with a MV citation....

Should a dispatcher issue an OF # as well as the officer enter in the cite info under Traffic or does writing the cite simply under traffic-citation entry cover it?

If anyone with IMC can tell me what their department does, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Maddy B's grammy
2,017 Posts
After the dispatcher enters the mv citation number in a call, that should be all you need and then go under "traffic" in records management, put the citation number in and type away. We use an arrest number for criminal applications, but that's just how our dept does it. You should ask your administrator who they would like to handle it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
+1 lpw The Citation Entry which is Records Management allows for a narrative and will print a copy of the Mass Uniform Citation as a full report. The dispatcher or officer in car needs to attach the citation number and everything iit will get backfilled when you enter the citation number. There should be no need for an offense or arrest report unless warranted by circumstances. Any questions drop me a line.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Yep...Citation entry screens in records allow all you need for narrative entry for civil V's. If we issue criminal app, we assign an AR number and do the narrative there. I do very basic narratives for civil V's.

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Does anybody issue a CN number for a cite?
On that note...does anyone else besides my department, issue a CN number for a MV Stop resulting in a verbal warning? We were told to backfill the info into the call, and issue the CN number in place of the actual citation number.

·
1,952 Posts
We aren't allowed to enter our own citations. Didn't even know you could do the narratives in IMC.

1: "Here you are troops, an multi-thousand dollar upgrade of your old system"
2: "Oh cool, now we can do X, Y,Z"
1: "Actually, no, X is for administrators only, Y you can only do from this screen, but you cannot get to it as that is for supervisors only, and Z, well, we just don't want you doing that either"
2: ](*,)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts