Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious about the Municipal Police. How do you apply, what do they do, How's the pay etc...

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't see them listed on the Civil Service Department selection. Is sort of like the MBTA, everyone is on their list? What are their duties, pay, training etc...?
Officer Dunngeon said:
I'm assuming you mean the Boston Munis. It's a civil service job. You gotta take the exam to get on now.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Wolfman said:
I've heard that Muni Girls are pretty hot.:naughty:
Hahahahahaha... no, just me. Seriously.

I have no idea what was up with the last CS exam, they were supposed to be listed as a choice. Maybe by putting down "Boston" for residency preference included the Munis automatically. Maybe they are doing it the way they used to for the "T", I really don't know.

They patrol all properties owned and operated by the City of Boston. This includes parks, schools, municipal buildings, etc. Training is through an MCTC academy and the pay... I can think of better things to talk about. :wl:

·
Subscribing Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay then, pay aside, as a Boston Resident I will [we think] be eligable for the Boston Police, Municipal Poilce and T....

How big is the Minui Dept. and do a lot of officers lateral elsewhere?

Officer Dunngeon said:

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
The Transit Police (MBTA) is no longer an automatic choice. You have to pick it as a preference.

There's probably around 60 officers now including site officers. There have been some lateral transfers in the past couple of years.

·
Subscribing Member
2,201 Posts
I hear the Munis (administration) dropped the ball and did not get some type of CS paperwork in so they are not a choice in the 2005 CS exam. Any elaboration on that or is it another silly rumor.

·
Out of the Loop
2,512 Posts
Nah, there's no truth to that rumor. I asked around a bit, it seems that everyone seems to think that the eligible list will be generated from those who listed Boston as a choice on the exam.

Not that it matters though, they're not hiring anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.