Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come every po-dunk town with 4 cops seems to update their website daily, with email links, news, pics, police logs, and friggin' traffic-cams, but the MSP updates theirs once every 2 years? There's gotta be some techy computer guy that can host the site with some regularity...jeez!

Also, why is everything such a big secret with the hiring? "I heard this and that", or "my trooper buddy said blah blah blah," is the only way to get any answers. With a dept of over 2300, surely SOMEBODY who's not that busy can host the site.

Sorry...end of rant...

·
Registered
372 Posts
SinePari @ Mon 20 Sep said:
How come every po-dunk town with 4 cops seems to update their website daily, with email links, news, pics, police logs, and friggin' traffic-cams, but the MSP updates theirs once every 2 years? There's gotta be some techy computer guy that can host the site with some regularity...jeez!

Also, why is everything such a big secret with the hiring? "I heard this and that", or "my trooper buddy said blah blah blah," is the only way to get any answers. With a dept of over 2300, surely SOMEBODY who's not that busy can host the site.

Sorry...end of rant...
I nominate Gil! :jestera:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not too bright to cap on the website considering the web guy partially runs this one.
6 weeks is not that much time from now.....
Strike that-
Ten bucks says you won't call human resources and demand a hiring date.
Guys like you give me the "warm fuzzies" in re: to my future endeavors.
"dude, I was at the bar, with all my MSP trainee gear on and was hitting on this chick, turns out she's a drill instructor at the academy" "you think i'm screwed come monday morning???"
I too may not be that bright, but control the things that you can.

·
Subscribing Member
233 Posts
SinePari,

From your other other posts, it sounds as if you're a candidate for the 77th R.T.T. If you're standing tall on the Rear Company Street on 1 November, feel free to throw a paw in the air and advise you drill instructor that:
1. Our web site is LAME.
2. You wouldn't mind updating it for us.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. :D

·
2,297 Posts
Not too bright to cap on the website considering the web guy partially runs this one.
6 weeks is not that much time from now.....
Strike that-
Ten bucks says you won't call human resources and demand a hiring date.
Guys like you give me the "warm fuzzies" in re: to my future endeavors.
"dude, I was at the bar, with all my MSP trainee gear on and was hitting on this chick, turns out she's a drill instructor at the academy" "you think i'm screwed come monday morning???"
I too may not be that bright, but control the things that you can.
The "Web Site Guy" who shall remain nameless runs the Union Website, not the MSP one. I think that is run by civilians employed by the Department.

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to love the guy for having b*lls, no brains for a wannabe, but at least b*lls.
Wouldn't be the first time I put foot into mouth. But at least I got you guys to post something...

Since a lot of us have been overseas, it's impossible to get any information about the upcoming classes. The website is the only choice for many of us...that was the reason for the rant.

Then the thread turns ugly.

·
MassCops Member
81 Posts
You are getting the same info. as all the others waiting for the 76 R.T.T. but like the other guys are saying, you may want to choose your words before posting them on an open site....you never know who is reading this and when you learn the creed, "State police trainees are persons of integrity, they do not lie cheat or steal" and are asked on the rear company street, "who's screen name is yada, yada, yada bashing the MSP" A paw better go up in the air. :twisted: If one does not acknowledge that questio, then one is liying (grounds for dismissal) Nothing like having a guy trying to get onto a dept. and in the same breath bashing it.... :x We dont take kindly to that..... Just some words of wisdom and a little friendly advice. :D

Posted Mon September 20, 2004 9:20 pm:

As i was...............the 77th R.T.T. (Gig on me) :oops:

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Got to love the guy for having b*lls, no brains for a wannabe, but at least b*lls.
Wouldn't be the first time I put foot into mouth. But at least I got you guys to post something...

Since a lot of us have been overseas, it's impossible to get any information about the upcoming classes. The website is the only choice for many of us...that was the reason for the rant.

Then the thread turns ugly.
This is why we have MassCops, wouldn't you rather 22 pages of rumors, ideas and rants than a paragraph with factual data on the MSP site.... :lol:

Posted Mon Sep 20, 21:34:

SinePari @ Mon 20 Sep said:

Sorry...end of rant...
I nominate Gil! :jestera:
and MarkBoston and HousingCop and do the graphics.... :lol:

·
Needs more complaints
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing like having a guy trying to get onto a dept. and in the same breath bashing it.... :x We dont take kindly to that..... Just some words of wisdom and a little friendly advice. :D

Posted Mon September 20, 2004 9:20 pm:

As i was...............the 77th R.T.T. (Gig on me) :oops:
Point taken...currently doing flutter kicks...

·
1,334 Posts
I can just see the scenario on Day 1... One of the DI's looking for a recruit with the screen name "SinePari" with some better ideas on how to run the MSP Website. That could get ugly... I am not sure how they do it at the MSP Academy, but most of the municipal classes have a person in the class who handles all the audio/video tasks during class... you would automatically be volunteering yourself to be "Captain Video". How about 26 weeks of putting videos in the VCR and setting up the TV, Laptop, or whatever else is needed and never being able to go fast enough for anyones liking.
Anyways, good luck if you get in, hope things go well for you!

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Just a bit of friendly advice to all you potential 77th recruits.....keep a low profile and your trap shut! If you're in a bar tossing back your silver bullets bragging about how you're practically a state trooper because of your tentative offer of employment from the MSP it probably will get back to the DI's, who can then single you out for "special attention." You'd be suprised the at the amount of intelligence that comes pouring in from various sources on what the recruits are doing/saying. A hastily uttered word to a Trooper's wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend, buddy or other acquaintance can make it back to New Braintree faster than the speed of light! Do the right thing; keep working out, save your pennies and keep a low profile!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.