Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the RISP website the other day and noticed their Min. requirements were 18 years of age, and a high school depolma. Is the MSP the same way? It seems like a long shot but i really would love to become a trooper, and figured why not give it a try. Im going to school for CJ this fall. Ever since i went up to the MSP acadamy for my dads graduation, i know that would be the gig to get if i could.

·
Subscribing Member
1,322 Posts
(from the MSP Recruitment page)

Qualifications
*High School Diploma or G.E.D.
*Ability to obtain a valid Massachusetts firearms license
*At least 21 years old and less than 35 years old on the last application filing date
*Must pass entrance examination
*Must pass a thorough background investigation prior to employment. *No person, who has been convicted of a felony or any offense punishable under M.G.L. Chapter 94C (drug law violations); or has been convicted of a misdemeanor and has been confined to any jail or house of correction as punishment for said crime, M.G.L. Chapter 22 C section 14, will be considered for employment.
*Must pass physical fitness test
*Must pass medical examination
*Must pass psychological examination
*Must successfully complete swimming requirements
*Must be a United States citizen upon appointment to the State Police Academy
*Must have a Massachusetts driver's license prior to Academy graduation
*Must be a Massachusetts resident prior to Academy graduation
*In accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 22 C section 10, no member or trainee appointed or hired after January 1, 1988 shall smoke any tobacco product.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Goog evening just a quick question here,i know the MSP has just had an academy go through and graduate recently,how often do they run an academy and how do i go about getting my name on there list i am 21 yrs old and am a police cadet in mass. thanks alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.