Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the MSP Dispatcher Assessment test this week and was wondering if anyone has taken it and if you can give me some insight as to what to expect. All I was told was that it was computer generated and dealt with prioritizing stuff.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Criti Call

It is my understanding that they use what is called Criti Call. Basically it is a software program that was created to test people to see if they can be trained as a dispatcher. It test your typing ability, multi tasking skills and ability to prioritize calls.

MSP just started doing this last year. When they started this state police dispatch (control) thing 8-9 years ago they were looking for cops, firefighters and or EMT's not actual dispatchers (this comes from the mouth of someone that worked for many years as a MSP dispatcher and was hired at the beginning). They are now smarting up and looking for people that want to make dispatching a career since it is a profession in of its self.

I had to take it when I interviewed with the City of Northampton. I passed so I would have to say it is not all that hard.

This will give you some incite. It is a website where you can see a demo (most have power point).

http://www.biddle.com/criticall/demo.htm

P.S. Let me know which Control (dispatch center) you are applying for and I can give you some insight (maybe).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took the test a month ago in Framingham. Its pretty easy. Just make sure you read the directions a few times before you start each section. As long as you can type some what fast you will be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.