Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this has already been adressed, but I did a quick search and didn't see an answer.

I took the the last test, scored well and recently received a letter about the next class in Feb., but in the mean time I have turned 35 (This year). I have been on active duty military orders for most of the past 5 years.

Am I screwed in regards to the age cutoof or can military time be used against the age cutoff. Also does it matter what type of military service it was.

I have a call in to HR, but I havn't heard back yet.

Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
pgdive";p="70931 said:
I apologize if this has already been adressed, but I did a quick search and didn't see an answer.

I took the the last test, scored well and recently received a letter about the next class in Feb., but in the mean time I have turned 35 (This year). I have been on active duty military orders for most of the past 5 years.

Am I screwed in regards to the age cutoof or can military time be used against the age cutoff. Also does it matter what type of military service it was.

Paul
You're ok. They go by the age at the time of the test. I made the age cutoff by 3 months.

·
MassCops Member
25 Posts
pgdive said:

Paul
Hey Paul I renently visited the 78th In New Braintree and had lunch with major Marion Mcgovern( she is who runs the entire training facility)...Awsome time...There was a gentle man there that was 38 years old...He also had a liver transplant...He had taken the test along time ago deferred and was allowed back...She isnt even sure how or why he was there...If you guys have any questions I got to see the yelling and screaming in action...I also asked her many questions...I hope this helps...

P.s As long as you had taken the test before the age cut off which is 32 you will be ok...

Good luck!

·
Registered
410 Posts
If only I was younger....I woulda gone for it. Things didn't turn out bad for me-on my hometown C/S Dept. with an AWESOME crew of brothers to work with. Now if we only didn't have to back up the Firemen.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.