Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not to get anyones hopes up who's on the 2017 CS exam too much, but a buddy of mine who's got his ear to the ground with the higher ups heard cards are going out in the new year for the 86th (Jan/Feb). Believe me, don't believe me, but if you're on that 2017 exam and still hoping for a shot, you might get it.. be ready!
Would be cool if they updated the list huh? Even when they updated the list last time it wasn't even accurate

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's accurate, they just don't remove the names of people already employed. The list doesn't change, rankings don't change, nothing changes on a civil service list. That list has been exhausted pretty heavily over the past 3 years though. I'm on in a city department now and I'm still on the list and that's the case for a lot of names on there. Plenty of MSP from the 85th on that March 2020 list too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's accurate, they just don't remove the names of people already employed. The list doesn't change, rankings don't change, nothing changes on a civil service list. That list has been exhausted pretty heavily over the past 3 years though. I'm on in a city department now and I'm still on the list and that's the case for a lot of names on there. Plenty of MSP from the 85th on that March 2020 list too.
Copy that, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pray for a covid 5 month academy. With at home pt and virtual classes for your last 2 months.
You kidding? It probably won't even be that bad. I know people always say each younger class is easier than the last, but I was hearing the 85th was like a walk in the park even before Covid.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Just got my card today, as did a bunch of other guys I know from 2017 list

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The application being posted must be a good sign right ?
That's just the first step. I'd guess you guys are looking at an October start date roughly after the PFT's, Medicals, Backgrounds and Psych Exams are all said and done. Next up will your PFT probably sometime in January or February. 1.5 mile run, I think the max time allowed is like 12 minutes, but I forget. You run around a parking lot that is supposed to be 1.5 miles long, but when I did my PFT it definitely didn't feel that long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
not relevant, but does anybody have any updates about when the next test is? I heard March but that was back in July
It's supposed to be in March, but they don't have anything on the mass.gov website for police it seems. It's generally in March of every year though, but maybe with Covid they may be pushing it back a little. The shitty part about the CS exam is they take a good 5-6 months just to come out with the results. Obviously this 86th RTT will be the last class being taken off that 2017 exam, but it might be a bit of a wait for the 87th if that's what you've got your eye on. Unless they somehow expedite the exam results.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts