MSP 2017 Eligibility List updated 3/25/2020 | MassCops

MSP 2017 Eligibility List updated 3/25/2020

Discussion in 'State Police' started by unexpo, Apr 3, 2020.

1. unexpo

unexpo MassCops Member

2. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

3. pd12cl

pd12cl MassCops Member

4. visible25

visible25 Supporting Member

well... guess not

Sooty likes this.
  5. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

New Braintree just got WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

j809 likes this.
  6. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

Nothing like seeing your name 24 pages deep to pump you up!

7. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

You think they will pull from this list again? Any idea when the next test will be and or if it will be attached to the civil service one again?

JR90 likes this.
  8. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

Last I heard when I called the recruiter a couple months ago was another state police exam early next year maybe February or March. They intended on doing an academy in October but that has been pushed so who knows if they’ll hire off this list. If they don’t, that’ll do it for me.

9. NG1992

NG1992 MassCops Member

I believe the next MSP test will be 2021. They test every four years.

10. MSPField

MSPField MassCops Member

The next test is scheduled for March 2021.

JR90 likes this.
  11. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

:eek::eek::eek:

JR90 likes this.
  12. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

Yup and a class before that seems unlikely, that may put me out unfortunately

13. Sooty

Sooty Administrator

At this rate... you might be better off.

Navyguy23 and Joel98 like this.
  14. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

If your name is only 24 pages deep then you should have already heard back from the State Police for the 85th. I'm 43 pages down and I got the card back in February of 2019.

And in the budget for the state they want to graduate a class in FY 2021. The MSP should be on the 2021 CS exam since they do it every 4 years generally, but I don't think they'll pull off the names from the 2021 exam. By the time those results come out for that exam it'll almost be July/August of 2021. The last thing the MSP needs right now is to wait to get another class through, they're still hurting for bodies even after just graduating 230-240.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  15. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

I took the final military makeup exam just a few months ago and was added to the list with the most recent update

16. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

Oh I see, well I wouldn't count yourself out by any means. Like someone said above a lot of names that are on that list are already employed by MSP or another department. Personally, I could see them pulling off the 2017 list one more time because the 2021 CS exam results take months to come out. I can't see how the MSP can wait that long to get another class going.

17. Navyguy23

Navyguy23 New Member

Fingers crossed but not holding my breath!

triplethreat likes this.
  18. Clydon94

Clydon94 MassCops Member

Any actual rumors about this being true? I can see them pulling from the 17’ list again but that may just be wishful thinking. By the time those new results come in it’ll be September 2021...

19. DPH1992

DPH1992 MassCops Member

Rumors about what being true? Another class off the 2017 exam? All I know for sure is they're definitely going to be on the 2021 CS exam. I know the times I've taken the exam 2015 and 2017 both times the exam results took a good 5-6 months to come out. So if they have the exam in March of 2021 you can safely assume results will be out around August/September.

From a personal opinion standpoint, I can't see any way the MSP can wait that long. Because once the results are out you're then looking at another 6-8 months before you can even start an academy off that 2021 exam results. It's a long process as some of us in here know. So March 2021 exam, August/September results come out, then you're looking at possibly a March/April 2022 academy? That's hard to imagine them waiting that long.

If you're on the 2017 list and still eligible then I'd stay in good shape because I'd put good money on them pulling from it again.

And! for what it's worth I have heard rumblings that Colonel Mason is really wanting to get another academy going as soon as possible. So that bodes well for people on the 2017 list. Ultimately what's really going to show their cards is what is in the Mass State Budget for 2021 whenever it gets released. It should have already been released but with Covid it's got a lot of things on hold of course. If you see an item in the budget for a SPA class for 2021 then I think it's safe to assume it's based off the 2017 CS exam. I mean how can they plan a class in 2021 when the exam for 2021 hasn't even been held yet.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020