MPTC Waiver? | Page 3 | MassCops

MPTC Waiver?

Discussion in 'MPTC' started by Heisenberger5, Nov 29, 2014.

1. bikecop34

bikecop34 MassCops Member

I'm a little baffled at the prospect of the MPTC running a class for strictly Guard members, when the discussion they should be having is a waiver process for the already fully trained MP's returning from active duty! What a waste of time and money. I know of someone who served in the Army for 7 years, the last of which as a MP/Drug Investigator with a tour in Afghanistan, who completed BMT AND I believe 12 weeks in a military police academy, who isn't qualified for a waiver. That seems ridiculous to me. But then again, it's all about the $$$ for the MPTC and they won't make any off waiving our returning troops.

2. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

If an sspo acadmey graduate with
    Time on the street at one of the
    Colleges enforcing mass criminal law cant get a waiver then there is no way someone enforcing military policy in a foreign country is getting a waiver

mpd61 and pahapoika like this.
  3. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

I don't even have a dog in this fight, but it's complete bullshit. Tired of seeing SSPO's fucked over.

4. felony

felony MassCops Member

MPTC Director Zivkovic is pompous and disconnected. I have personally spoken with him before and he was rude and arrogant. The MAARNG receiving a bridge class to the MPTC is ridiculous. First off, OSUT for a 31B is 20 weeks, 10 weeks basic, 10 weeks MOS training. So other then learning how to do front learning rest and shooting a azimuth for compass reading, your not learning dick about LE for the first 10 weeks. After that its very basic LE functions that are taught, its mostly battlefield operations, since most MP's don't stand post or patrol a post anymore.

Bare in mind in a MP unit, there is only about 60 MP's, the rest are support personnel attached to the unit. I bet this is a knee jerk reaction to the Marathon Bombings, which activated several MP units to provide assistance during the crisis.

pahapoika and Joel98 like this.
  5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I am very much in the minority here and know it, but, and this is in no way a disrespectful shot at Court Officers, but does a Court Officer really NEED a 26 week academy complete with Ch. 90 instruction? It would seem a bit of a silly to shell out that kind of time and money when all a Court Officer REALLY needs is Mass. General Law, Constitutional Law, Rights of arrest and self defense. ONE academy does NOT fit all, although we'd all love to see more standardization and more is needed, but I just can't get behind EVERYONE going to the same one.

Edmizer1 likes this.
  6. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

the one good thing about standardized training is when you have interaction with other agencies everybody is on the same page. Plus it would make for a more cohesive LE community instead of the warring tribal factions that we have now :cool:

it may involve some non applicable training but it can't hurt to have an idea of each other's jobs

LA Copper likes this.
  7. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

No, court officers should have training specific to their faculty, much like a corrections officer doesn't have the same academy as their job is with the prison system.

Sspo should be grandfathered to MPTC. Seriously. I have zero dog in the fight, but it's pathetic that the admins use it as a tool to keep officers from leaving colleges/hospitals.

mpd61, Joel98, samadam78 and 2 others like this.
  8. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I agree with that.

mpd61 likes this.
  9. felony

felony MassCops Member

In Rhode Island the Capitol Police, provide physical security to state owned buildings (courts) and property, attend the RI Municipal Police Academy. They don't do much, but at least they have the same training incase something happens. MA should do the same.

pahapoika likes this.
  10. samadam78

samadam78 MassCops Member

Has something changed in RI? Last i knew capitol police attened their own academy and were not POST certified officers. Similar to RI sheriffs

11. mpd61

mpd61 Retired Fed, Active Special

Kilvinsky says; "I agree with that."

Will you two PAHLEEZE stop making sense!?!? Now just quit it!

12. felony

felony MassCops Member

They are now POST certified. Providence Academy is now POST and RISP is now POST.

samadam78 likes this.
  13. JD02124

JD02124 Supporting Member