Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=395&item=3962756403&rd=1

This one's from New Mexico, nonetheless! And take a look at the winning bidder's ID, federalagent911....it's frightening just to think of what a nut like that would do with this sticker...I picture a 50lb overweight, unshaved guy wearing a greasy wifebeater grinning as he places the sticker at a bad angle on the rear window of his 93 Crown Vic, which is already covered in rusty antennas...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I saw one on a popular Congressman's car the other day.

Bottom line is stickers and tags won't get you out of citations, a Police ID might, following the driving laws will.

·
1,334 Posts
Below is the first part of the description from eBay. I am sure it will be a great collectors item! :roll:

Massachusetts Police Association Window Sticker. You are bidding on a Massachusetts Police Association decal that sticks from the inside of window facing out. Great collectible item (decal is for collection purposes only).

FOR COLLECTION PURPOSES ONLY

·
At your six
209 Posts
The fact is that most cops don't even have MPA stickers on their cars. If I stop a car that has an MPA sticker I don't even mention noticing it unless the operator brings it up. In my experience, 9 out of 10 times it is a PO's mother, wife, father, etc.

Hell, let the whole world put the silly stickers on their cars............ bottom line is if they don't have tin in their wallet they get gigged.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just want to know how someone in NM got an MPA Sticker, when my whole Dept is still waiting for ours! :evil:

·
Subscribing Member
569 Posts
Who cares...ladies and gentlemen I submit to you - You don't need no stinkin' sticker to prove you're a member of "the club". If the yahoos of the world want to pay outrageous prices for a worthless sticker, let the suckers piss their money away. Let them cover their entire vehicle with stickers. It should have no bearing on whether or not they get a cite.

Side note: I love the "2000" stickers on a 2005 vehicle...pretty funny.

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
chief801";p="58490 said:
I view the MPA sticker a little like an inspection sticker. If you ARE a cop and choose to have it on your vehicle, then you'd keep it up to date. Any car that has a old sticker is most likely a "friend" or fraud. And gets no consideration. The only exception would be the anniversary red, white , and blue sticker. It looks cool, so I'd let it slide.

I only have one car that my wife and I share. since she drives it more then I do and only around the city, I let her have it on the car. But it really doesn't make a different since 90% of the cops knows her any way.

·
Subscribing Member
451 Posts
I'm an aspiring LEO but you won't find ANY MPA or blue line stickers on my car. Even when I get sworn in someday, I still wouldn't put any stickers on my car. I would think real cops wouldn't want to advertise to the world their occupation anyhow.

G

·
My father retired in 2003, so thats the last year I have on my car and all the cars in the family.

Also I noticed the stickers dont really matter, if your gonna get a ticket your gonna get a ticket.

·
Registered
30 Posts
God people are so stupid....Nothin worse than a bunch of sparked out wannabees. First. MPA stickers mean NOTHING outside of mass so why would this idiot from NM even want one!? Even in mass, everyone knows what they are. It's pretty sad its gotten to the point where these stickers are as common and meaningful as those people who think when they donate to some phoney police benefits group and get one of those stickers as a compliment saying "donating member" (usually on cars of those who are suspended too!) The blue line stickers used to be good before even that got out of control. You used to only be able to get them through the blue line website and in order to access the page to order them you had to provide a number where they could confirm your employment so these idiot yahoos couldnt go and put them on their used taxi cabs and drive balls to the wall in the left lane!!!!! Why our job attracts so many yahoos is beyond me. Dont get me wrong I love it but in the grand scheme of things it's really not that glorious when you think about it. Work weekends holidays nights overnights for (without details included of course :) ) average pay. And people have this aura about being able to "stop cars" this is why i moved to work for a big department. I wanted nothing to do with traffic stops nor did i want to work for a town where they push the issue of stopping cars so that you can justify your existance. You stop one car you stop them all theyre really not all that exciting. Of all those wannabe sticker displaying fools i bet 1/4 would quit the academy cause theyre "too mean" and another 1/4 wouldnt make it through FTO because departments would see right through their sparked out cowboy attitudes. You guys in the field know the ones i'm talkin about, the one who pipes up at like 330am when we're all tucked away somewhere with a traffic stop then you ask what he stopped them for the reply is something like "stop sign". Are you kidding me!!!?? stop sign on a town backroad at 330am!!?? yeah woulda been a threat to society to let that one go thats the big fish! anyway just my 2 cents about the stickers and yahoos in general

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Did anyone think that maybe this NW "yahoo" is a retired officer from Mass. who happens to collect patches and decals? I realize I may be wrong, but there may be a simple explanation for this.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I figured it's some dope that bought it from someone else on Ebay and is trying to turn a profit, or bought one from someone and is making his own on a computer. After seeing this topic, I've seen em being sold from people in Las Vegas, and all over. Why it's MPA stickers specifically that get the big $$$, I have no idea.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,693 Posts
:sl: :sl: :sl: :F:

·
Registered
400 Posts
kttref";p="58583 said:
Did anyone think that maybe this NW "yahoo" is a retired officer from Mass. who happens to collect patches and decals? I realize I may be wrong, but there may be a simple explanation for this.
Good point, but more likely than not it's some yahoo.

·
1,334 Posts
chief801";p="58490 said:
Who cares...ladies and gentlemen I submit to you - You don't need no stinkin' sticker to prove you're a member of "the club". If the yahoos of the world want to pay outrageous prices for a worthless sticker, let the suckers piss their money away. Let them cover their entire vehicle with stickers. It should have no bearing on whether or not they get a cite.

I had a Jeep Cherokee pass me the other day with stickers from the bottom to the top of the left drivers side windshiled :roll: . How many are needed for God sake?

·
Subscribing Member
397 Posts
My personal favorite is a taxi cab in the city that has one in the rear window. They drive old CV, use a radio and drive around the city. To add to the wanna-be-ness of their job they put a MPA sticker on the car! What is the point?

G

·
If these MPA decals "mean nothing to you anymore", then why get fired up over someone having one. Or is it that you really do need to prove how cool you are with a sticker? Only us cool kids should have them. And you already mentioned that no i.d. means citation so give your buddies Mom a ticket thats cool too. NOT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.