Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in hearing from any police department that utlized the MPA legal defense fund in representing officers in disciplinary issues. Also what problems have risen from the conflict of your own department's union lawyers and MPA legal defense fund. Some officers I work with joined the MPA legal defense fund and they would rather use the MPA lawyers instead of the Union lawyers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
popo--

The MPA guys have done a far better job for our guys over the last couple of years....our union guys are good but are not just looking out for you. They are also looking out for the union and some small conflicts have come up...also the MPA guys seem to be far more approachable and interested..

thats just whats been going on over the last couple of years...it may change but I doubt the quality of the MPA lawyers will lessen..they are good..

·
MassCops Member
297 Posts
A small dept. on the South Shore recently used the resources of the M.P.A. and Doug Louison with outstanding results. The cost? Both officers $300.00 in membership dues. The town? Over $1,000,000 and counting with lawsuits and settlements still ongoing, and both officers returned to full duty status. In closing, you are crazy NOT to utilize this valuable resource.

Doug Louison is starting his own legal defense fund, costs half the current $300.00, and he is THE premier attorney to represent police, just ask any P.O. who has used his services.

His site is: http://www.merricklc.com/defense.htm

·
screw you...
2,692 Posts
I also recommend them. Not too long ago a fellow officer got in a jam. When he went to our "union" they immediatley stuck their thumbs up their asses and did nothing for him. He has MPA legal defense and they helped him..

·
Subscribing Member
4,324 Posts
I sent my check in about a month ago, still hasn't been cashed, how long dies it take to become a member and do you get something back in the mail, a card or something else?

·
Chapter 90 Enforcer
3,299 Posts
I agree. I definintely recommend the MPA Legal defense fund. We've all seen how well the union can and cannot protect. And often times the union handles things much differently than expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.