Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hopefully planning to move into Boston around May. I recieved a job offer as an armed special and have to move out. Apparantly I have to do this becuase I'm living in my parents household. I have stepsisters with little kids and they worry about possible accidents that may happen. I tried negotiating this but I have to respect their decision. I need to know this. If I transfer into boston, would their licensing unit screw with my class A status by downgrading or placing restrictions on it, or would I be able to just to notify both licensing authorities and be all set. This room is $400 a month and convienient which helps out a lot

( :NO: And please... Dont turn this into an R400 Bashing session)

·
Registered
456 Posts
When you are up for renewal, you can expect them to give you a rough time and a LTC with "Restricted" stamped on it. Possibly it will be further restricted, but that may or may not happen. If you are politically connected in Boston, you can avoid some of the unpleasantness.

Boston, Cambridge and Brookline are unnecessarily rough to deal with.

·
Subscribing Member
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean during renewal when the expiration date comes 5 years from now, or is this when I notify them after moving in?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Most likely on renewal. I don't know of any town that revokes on notification that you moved in and I don't think that they can modify an existing permit issued elsewhere.

So you should be safe until renewal. Plan on "getting out of Dodge" before then to friendlier turf.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I lived in Boston when I got my LTC 2 yrs ago. Boston will not issue a LTC class A without restrictions. And you have to go to Moon Island and pass a shoting test

Channy1984 said:
It's ok. I posted this long ago. I'm not moving to boston.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.