Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go on another QED rant.....

Last night locked up 5 idiots on a disturbance call. Now we are in the process of switching over to the new windows based QED system but the dispatch cad and the booking systems are still on the old QED dos based systems. (three month process so far)

Call comes in, dispatcher enters the info on the 5 nitwits that I called in for WMS checks, vehicle check etc..., 5 nitwits come into booking and the info on the subjects entered in dispatch does not show up in the booking screen so all 5 need their personal info entered into the system for the booking and right sheets.

Report time (new system) open the report assigned to the incident number and all 5 nitwits personal info has to be entered again (three separate data bases all with the same info)

Enter all the info, charges, vehicle etc because that did not carry over from the booking or dispatcher entries (but used to when we where all the dos system) now print the copy of the entire report including charges, names, vehicle etc.. (14 pages in all) then print the narrative (2 pages)

(BTW the most unprofessional layout of a report I have ever seen, url on the bottom of every page, font size too big and tables all squished together)

Lets not forget the court disposition sheets (totally separate word doc) but also used to be included in the old system and would print with the report.

Criminal apps (no biggie was always separate)

Putting the packets together.

7 copies of the 14 page incident sheet (98 pages) including two for UCR and detectives
3 copies of the narrative per arrestee (30 pages) plus two for UCR and detectives (total 34 pages)
1 copy of the right sheets per arrestee (15 pages)
1 copy of the court disposition per arrestee (5 pages)

24 pages for each arrestee package
Total 152 pages required to complete this report

(BTW this system is supposed to be more paper efficient, not paperless but supposed to be less waste)

Now the comparison.

Old system would have produced:

12 pages per arrestee
Old total 72 pages required to complete this report

3 page booking, charge and rights sheet - 2 page narrative (X3) - 1 page cort dispo.

More than double the paper wasted, the time involved or should I say wasted because of duplication was unreal (not to mention trying to validate the report because of all this NIBRIS and UCR BS that is now involved for stats.

Locked up 5 guys at 11:20 PM answered 6 other calls resulting in two additional arrest throughout the night and completed all of the paperwork at 08:40 AM.

:evil: QED SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

·
Subscribing Member
292 Posts
There are always flaws with a new system, I think it just takes time to work them out. It's much like the new digital fingerprinting machines. Stinks until the kinks are worked out. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I feel your pain Gil,

We are still logiing into two seperate systems in Marblehead. IMC for police and fire/EMS and Crimetrak for the fire dept because the fire doesn't want to learn the new IMC system. SO every fire/EMS call gets logged into two seperate CAD systems. :wl:

Ed

·
Subscribing Member
383 Posts
EsxPD319 said:
We are still logiing into two seperate systems in Marblehead. IMC for police and fire/EMS and Crimetrak for the fire dept because the fire doesn't want to learn the new IMC system. SO every fire/EMS call gets logged into two seperate CAD systems.
That is just plain miserable, and very inefficient. Not to mention a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We can do reports from the cars, with our new wireless system. But it doesn't work all the time. Dead spots, just as in the ones you get with your cell phones. Its a good idea, but their has to be a better system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree with you Gil, QED sucks. I used it while at MIT and found it to be the most user-unfriendly LE software I've ever used. We've got IMC here and it's without question the best system I've ever used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts