Movie Reviews | Page 8 | MassCops

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by 7costanza, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I can't review what I haven't seen, but this is a movie I GOTTA see in the theatre. I recall seeing "The Tuskegee Airmen" when it aired several years ago. This looks like it could be, and I pray it isn't, a kind of "Pearl Harbor v. "Tora, Tora, Tora!" situation, but I'm willing to give it a shot hoping it isn't.

Red Tails Trailer (No. 3) - IMDb

2. Went last night to see Tower Heist. Very funny! Hubby and I both laughed almost nonstop. Semi-predictable ending, but it doesn't take anything away from enjoying the rest of it.

Sent from my ADR6300

3. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Tower Heist looks pretty decent. I'm heading to Jordans Furniture when MI4 comes out to sit on some couches I can't afford, get a Fuddruckers burger and see it in IMAX.

4. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

Captain America was a great movie. I am partial to Super Hero Movies but this one is better than most. Also saw Green Lantern and wasn't that impressed. It was ok but not great.

Bad Teacher was terrible and not funny at all. My wife and I both fell asleep.

7costanza likes this.
  5. cousteau

cousteau MassCops Member

Where is Aquaman? He's an original member of the Justice League.

7costanza likes this.
  6. 7costanza

The movie I am dying for.them to make is Six Milllion Dollar Man. I loved that show as a kid, I think it would adapt very well to a successful movie series. I can't think of a great actor to fill Lee Majors shoes though , any ideas.?

7. BRION24

It wouldn't surprise me. The Green Lantern and Thor are both B level super heroes and they both got movies.

8. Kilvinsky

He's underwater shaking his fist saying, "Awe come on guys, stuff happens here TOO. Ever see a pissed off fish?" Either that or he's flopping around somewhere after beaching himself out of depression knowing that at least he got to see plenty of skinny dipping girls.

9. 7costanza

I saw MI4 Ghost Protocal at the IMAX last night. The place is absolutely the best, sound,screen,seats there isn't a better way to see a show. That being said I wasn't that impressed with the film, I don't want to spoil it to much its worth seeing just not great. Also they had the new trailer for Batman, Bales last performance as the Caped Crusader,looks gooooooood.Also I noticed they are coming out with a new Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie with Daniel Craig. All I can say is if you want to get into that series see the foreign version, they have subtitles but there is no way in hell the new American version is better than the originals.

10. Kilvinsky

If you like movies by the Ferrelly Brothers. "HALL PASS" is right up your alley. FUNNY stuff.

11. wwonka

wwonka MassCops Member

Tower heist was pretty funny. It has a great cast. Definitely worth watching on video

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

12. SgtAndySipowicz

SgtAndySipowicz Supporting Member

My wife & I saw this recently. At one point I turned it off as my wife was crying so much (if you saw it you probably know why). We then finished watching it. I recommend watching Courageous, especially if your a Cop and believe in Christian values. It definitely is a movie that has a message behind it......I think any Cop can get something out of the movie though......

LA Copper likes this.
  13. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I thought this was a great movie. The message behind it and the action scenes, especially the one at the end, were pretty cool. I shed a few tears at the same scene your wife did. How could I not.

The same folks put out three other movies that I really enjoyed also:

Facing The Giants
    Flywheel
    Fire Proof

SgtAndySipowicz likes this.
  14. BRION24

I saw Act of Valor, which if you didn't already know features real Navy Seals;) , the other day. If you can get past the less than stellar acting, its actually a pretty good movie.

I also saw Haywire, with Gina Carano, and that was was good as well.

7costanza likes this.
  15. 7costanza

I saw Looper in the theatre, walked out about halfway in. Red Dawn 2012 is coming out, I was 14 when the original came out so im not sure how this one can even compete but it looks decent.

16. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I saw, "Here Comes The Boom" yesterday, the new Kevin James movie. Had no idea it was made back there in the Homeland. I thought it was pretty good; worth seeing once.

MARINECOP and 7costanza like this.
  17. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Taken 2...

Definitely NOWHERE as good as Taken. Generic, not original like the first. I loved the first movie, but this one? Not even close.

18. 7costanza

Made right here , in the next Town over. My buddy trained James and Salma Hayak for this movie and landed a small part in this movie. Also trained Sandler when they were here doing Grown Ups, which had them in my Town a few times. They are all nice guys, very easy to talk to , all Conservatives also, except Chris Rock and Hayak.

LA Copper likes this.
  19. 7costanza

Anyone else addicted to the Showtime series Homeland ? Man its good.

20. 7costanza

A few good films coming out.The Hobbit comes out on Thursday, definately going to that, also Jack Reacher looks decent but heres what im looking forward to,looks like Ma, maybe Glosta.

21. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

If it follows the dark knight trilogy's lead, it'll be good. The last one was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. 7costanza

Agreed, watch the trailer it takes a bit of a darker approach...looks good. The main character was the lead in the Immortals. I grew up watching the live action show so nothing is going to live up to that even as hoaky as it was.

HuskyH-2 likes this.
  23. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Ya me too.....you mean "Lois and Clark" right?....wait wait I mean "Smallville", lol JP :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7costanza likes this.
  24. Kilvinsky

Lincoln-Great Movie and Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic. The two who steal the movie though are Tommy Lee Jones and James Spader. Saw it, loved it.

25. FourInchFury

FourInchFury MassCops Member

Anyone see American Sniper yet?