Movie Reviews | Page 4 | MassCops

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by 7costanza, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Saw the Next 3 Days with Russell Crowe, and it was really good. Well done, suspenseful, and not over the top ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Also re-watched Edge of Darkness. Its more of a heavilly cliched film noire, than a modern day crime story. Had I known that going in the first time, I would have been less disappointed. Its not that bad, just too over the top to take seriously.

2. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

Agreed. I wasn't sure what to expect when I started watching it, but after I got over the shock of some of the sillyness, I enjoyed it.

It's not always easy for me to let go of what's silly and absurd and what isn't, but on those occassions I can....

I can get through a whole shift without screaming! :smug:

3. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

I watched Taken with Liam Neeson again the other day. That is such a great movie. Even though I have seen it about 5-6 times it is still great from start to finish.

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

Taken is a fantastic movie... I've definitely watched it as frequently as you have!

I watched The Expendables the other day... Great action flick if you're looking for something funny as well... Certainly a LOT of unbelievable stuff, but still entertaining!

5. Kilvinsky

Overall, I found this movie to be so absurd and farfetched that I couldn't help but love it. I let go of what reality is and just lost myself in the suspense and really enjoyed it. ESPECIALLY the scenes with the Albanians!

6. BRION24

I have Expendables at the top of my Netflix Queue,

7. BRION24

Expendables was pretty good. Obviously you have to suspend belief but it was defintely entertaining.

Watched Inception the other day and it was great. Highly recommended.

Also just watched Knight and Day with Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz and I thought it was really good. Kind of goofy somtimes but defintely entertaining.

8. Kilvinsky

I hadn't seen "Knight and Day" until recently myself. Very good movie. Sure, I can't see any of that being plausible, but hell, it was very fun to watch.

Tom Cruise in his personal life may be OUT THERE, but on screen, I think he's terrific.

9. Kilvinsky

Just watched "The Other Guys" for the first time. I enjoyed it enough that in the 15 or so hours we still have it (on demand) I may even watch it again. Funny as all hell. I picked up on a few gaffs, but who really cares when it's got you laughing.

Well, I do, but I got over it.

10. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Ya i thought it was funny as hell too. One of the first will ferral movies ive enjoyed since anchor man.

11. Kilvinsky

My wife's favorite exchange (and it IS a classic) is the one between Wahlberg and Ferrell where Wahlberg is saying he wishes he was a lion and would do whatever it took to eat him.

And Ferrell turned it right around on him. HILARIOUS!

12. Hush

The gf asked me to take her to see Sucker Punch last night. I can say it is easilly the best horrible movie I have ever seen. Ridiculous, bad cgi effects, horrible acting and plot. However it was packed with GORGEOUS women, and plenty of guns. It was terrible movie, but I enjoyed watching every minute of it.

13. Hubby and I rented Red a few weeks ago. Pretty entertaining flick, very funny. With Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich, how could you go wrong? :)

14. Kilvinsky

Watched "Black Death" recently. Very dark yet interesting movie. It seems to be a co-English, German and Italian movie set during the dark ages when the plague is ravaging England...with the exception of one small village. A small group of soldiers and a young monk with a secret head there to find out what's up. Very good movie. If you're sqeamish, don't watch. Fair amount of blood but not over done.

Speaking of blood, I recorded "Slap Shot" on HDMovie Net and watched it AGAIN the other day. One of the BEST comedy sports movies ever.

15. BRION24

I watched Salt with Angelina Jolie the other day. Very good movie. One of those super spy movies where you have to suspend belief for a couple of hours but it was a very good action movie.

16. Kilvinsky

You know, I don't doubt "Salt" is pretty good, probably VERY good, but man, just how many "so and so was framed and now the goverment is after so and so and so and so has to prove his/her innocence before the goverment kills him/her" movies can they make. At some point there must be entire scenes reshot word for word.

and that's just the GOOD movies. Think of all the lousy B and C movies using the same theme.

Wow, I just gave myself a headache.

17. GARDA

GARDA Subscribing Member

18. Sam1974

Sam1974 MassCops Member

Movies I've seen in the last couple of months..

RED - Loved it
    Salt - ehhhhhhh even with the suspension of reality, it was an OK action flick.
    Next 3 Days - Good movie. Not what I expected but it was really good.
    Inception - the special effects were really good but was a lil hard to follow in the beginning. I would say it is comperable to the way they made the show "Boom Town".

19. Kilvinsky

Every character in the Madagascar movies made me laugh, but THOSE DAMN PENGUINS were the break out stars, no question. I'm looking forward to this movie, so long as it's done WELL, not slapped together just for a buck.

The cartoon on TV is Ok. I've watched it with the kids a couple of times, but my taste in cartoons has changed over the years.

....but admittedly, I still get a kick out of SpongeBob.

20. RodneyFarva

RodneyFarva Get off my lawn!

Anybody ever see The Road? good movie but it should come with a Rx to Prozac or a .38 with one round.:tounge_smile:

21. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

You should read "The Road," great book but what a bummer. Too bad Cormac McCarthy couldnt write a world wide apocolypse a bit more fun, like Mad Max did.

22. Hush

Source Code was pretty good. Not into the sci-fi thing, but it was well done. Not unlike Deja Vu with Denzel from a few years back.

23. BRION24

I just watched Next 3 Days this weekend. It was good until the Super Detective at the end kind of ruined it for me.

Let me explain. They find a piece of a Toyota Prius taillight in the alley at the scene of a crime. They immediately determine that a guy with no criminal record is a suspect because his wife is in jail and the car is registered to her. The police break into his house, for what reason I have no idea, and find no evidence in the house to further convince them that he is guilty of anything, using this information they begin a manhunt for him using every asset that the State, Local, Federal Law Enforcement have at their disposal to try and stop this one guy. They essentially shut down a whole State within 35 minutes in an attempt to stop him from escaping. I liked it up until that point

24. Eagle13

Eagle13 #FYPM

Arthur.....don't see it. Bad. Glad I saw it for free, actually got paid to see it for a focus group.

25. BRION24

I had no intention of seeing it.