Movie Reviews | Page 2 | MassCops

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Literature' started by 7costanza, Jun 5, 2010.

1. 7costanza

7costanza Supporting Member

Layer Cake was very good, Daniel Craig is one of the biggest pos ever though. Hes very anti 2nd Amendment but doesnt mind making his paycheck glamorizing guns.

2. uspresident1

uspresident1 MassCops Member

Saw "Jonah Hex" over the weekend. What a mistake.

3. 7costanza

The A Team was actually pretty good, I wasnt that impressed with Quintin Rampage Jacksons perfomance as BA but all in all it is a good flick, especially if you grew up watching the show.

I watched The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Anniston and Gerard Butler today and it was as bad a movie can be dont bother . If you want to see a movie with your girl check out How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days , Hitch or The Ugly Truth.

4. BRION24

BRION24 Supporting Member

But Jennifer Aniston is smoking hot!

5. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'm grateful I have HBO. Sure, over all I'd prefer Encore since it shows old stuff, and LOTS of it, but there are advantages to HBO. When a movie comes out and I don't get to see it in the theatres, I know eventually it'll hit cable and not cost me EXTRA. Many of the movies you folks are talking about that you've panned, I had wanted to see, but now, I'll still look forward to seeing them, but for less!

I AM a cheap bastard. 1/4 Scot, so it's in the blood.

6. 7costanza

No doubt, she is my favorite actress and it has zero to do with her acting.

KIL, look for a Stop and Shop or other place that has a Red box, its new and IMO the best way to see a movie these days. Its like a vending mcahine for movies, a rental is 1 buck, you keep the flick for 24 hrs. Im assuming they make their money on late charges and they have a great selection, all the latest movies.

Here....

http://www.redbox.com/Locations/LocationSearch.aspx?cid=PS:Google:Brand:BrandLocator:red%20box%20locations:6937&tracking_ID=07216e41-4e10-0848-03d1-00002196d856

7. Kilvinsky

Thanks 7. I've seen those and have been tempted. When I was hitting Blockbuster and the other various rental places (many of which have disappeared) I always ended up racking up the late fees so I haven't gone that route in a long time, but S&S is much easier to visit. I like visiting grocery stores a little TOO much.

8. 7costanza

For any of you Robert Parker book fans, I just bought all five of his Jesse Stone series movies based here in Mass. Tom Selleck stars as a former LA homicide detective , pretty good so far and Selleck is one of the last conservative actors left in hollyweird...definately worth the 9 bucks per movie.

9. justanotherparatrooper

justanotherparatrooper Pissin' in liberals cheerio's for 40 years :) Staff Member

Costanza, how was that Twighlight movie?

10. 7costanza

Seriously JAP..im a movie connoisseur...not a movie commonwhore...wouldnt see any of that vampire crap....except Wolfman...that was a "movie" with actual actors.

11. Piper

Piper MassCops Member

Always a big fan of AMC (Mad Men, Breaking Bad). This starts in October, not sure about a zombie apocalypse series...... but cool scene with the M-1 Abrahams.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE"]YouTube- The Walking Dead trailer[/nomedia]

12. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

The first minute of the trailer is good, the rest looks like 28 Days Later with the old-school slow lumbering zombies. Some good gun stuff though, definitely worth a look.

13. Kilvinsky

I went to the movies last night. That means nothing to any of you, but since I RARELY get to indulge in one of my favorite passtimes, it was fantastic.

Anyway, "Dinner for Schmuks" was pretty funny and you can take your teens to it. Granted my son is no longer a teen, I still get embarassed by some things, but not this. Nice side story too.

14. 7costanza

I just finished the last Jesse Stone movies starring Tom Selleck, very good, well made, no bs special effects...I really liked them...def check them out.

15. BRION24

I watched the movie "Brothers" with Tobey Maquire, Jake Gyllenhal, and Natalie Portman the other day. I didn't have high hopes for it (my wife wanted to see it) but it was actually pretty good. It was less about the affair between Gyllenhal and Portman and more about how war really fucks guys up mentally and how hard it is for them to come home and deal with their everyday lives.

16. 7costanza

I didnt want to see it because I thought it looked bad, now I will see it thanks.

17. Kilvinsky

"A Perfect Getaway". I saw it last night. My wife had watched it and thought I might like it. If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you had, try not to say too much and ruin it for everyone.

Basic plot. Honeymoon couple on Kauaʻi[9] hear of a honeymoon couple being killed on Oahu and suspect other couples they encounter on a trail to a beach as the possible killers. 'NUFF SAID!

Yeah, I copied and pasted the name of the Island from Wikipedia. I wasn't sure how to spell it properly.

18. BRION24

I watched 9th Company today which was about a Soviet Paratrooper Company that was responsible for holding down a hill on the Soviet/Afghan border during the Soviet Afghan War. It was pretty good. The only odd thing was that the movie was in Russian with english subtitles and there were English Voice actors along with the subtitles. ALso the english dialogue wasn't always the same as the subtitles. It doesn't take away from the movie but it was just strange. But definitely a good movie for anyone who is into Military Movies.
    [​IMG]

19. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

Obscure Reference. I went to Kaua'i def the best island by far. Weird thing is the island is over run with wild roosters/chickens which ca-ka-doodle all friggin day. I'm kind a city kid so I thought they only did that shit in the morning.

Anyway im going to check this movie out tonight, seems interesting.

20. BRION24

I am currently attempting to watch(for about the 20th time) the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring which is absolutely one of my favorite movies. Can't recommend it enough. All three of the movies are outstanding.

[​IMG]

21. Kilvinsky

Brion, foreign military movies are very interesting to me. American ones can be amazing and of course are pretty much the best, but it's always very interesting to watch ones made by and about other countries. I haven't seen all that many, but those I have seen have been great.

I may have mentioned it before, but "STALINGRAD" is one hell of a movie. Anyone who can get distracted during that movie, and not sit staring with an open mouth, is a pretty interesting person.

Segueing (SP?) into romantic comedy..."The Closer You Get". Irish movie. Very funny and sweet movie. No one blows up, no machine guns, but I did enjoy it.

22. Hush

Hush Moderator Staff Member

Saw The Town today. Its fantastic, by far the best "Boston" movie yet. After all the stupid crap Ben Affleck has been in, he's one hell of a director and has a great sense of authenticity. Borrows a lot from HEAT, but I would put them in the same league. Definitely a must see. There is one scene that will make your blood run cold.

23. LA Copper

LA Copper Subscribing Member

I just saw The Town also and I too, enjoyed it. It's always good to see the old home town, including Fenway Park, up on the big screen.

It was a pretty decent action movie too. There were a bunch of things in the movie that only Bostonians would get, including a BPD officer on a detail.

24. HuskyH-2

HuskyH-2 G-Rap made me do it!

I also saw it yesterday. Great flick. Way better than Gone Baby Gone. Was worth the 12 bucks easily. Got to see my old job on the big screen which was cool.

25. Kilvinsky

Even the MOVIES won't use FLAGMEN!