Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am movie fanatic and since most of us are propably into the same types of movies, I thought it would be interesting to start a "movie review" thread. I will start.

ROBIN HOOD with Russell Crowe was done very well, compared to Kevin Costner version it was well, no comparison it was ten times better. They made it very real to the time, it was a pre amble to how he became Robin Hood instead of a movie about his adventures as Robin Hood. Im not sure if they did that to lead into a Part 2 but I liked the way Ridley Scott made the movie and I found it to be somewhat ironic to the times we are living in anti govt, taxes, the little guy against the govt. I would give in an 8.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I pulled out an oldie but a goodie yesterday "Snatch" with Brad Pitt and Jason Statham made by Guy Ritchie. Im not a huge Pitt or Statham fan but in this film they are awesome, Ritchie has a way of making a film and uses his actors very well , supporting actors Dennis Farina and Benecio Del Toro and VinnieJones were good, this is a difficult movie to follow with the plot and the"pikey" language hard to understand but if you get it I am sure you will like it. Other Guy Ritchie movies that I recommend are Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels , Rock N Rolla, and Revolver which was fantastic.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just watched DIstrict 9 the other day. Special effects were great but the movie was just ok. It just wasn't at all what I expected it to be.

ALso just saw Avatar the other day. GREAT GREAT MOVIE!!!
Like Avatar, didnt like the anti US Military theme. I liked DIstrict 9 alot actually, very original and unlike any other film I have seen. On a side note the main character in District 9 played Murdoc in The A Team.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The A Team was actually pretty good, I wasnt that impressed with Quintin Rampage Jacksons perfomance as BA but all in all it is a good flick, especially if you grew up watching the show.

I watched The Bounty Hunter with Jennifer Anniston and Gerard Butler today and it was as bad a movie can be dont bother . If you want to see a movie with your girl check out How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days , Hitch or The Ugly Truth.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
But Jennifer Aniston is smoking hot!
No doubt, she is my favorite actress and it has zero to do with her acting.

KIL, look for a Stop and Shop or other place that has a Red box, its new and IMO the best way to see a movie these days. Its like a vending mcahine for movies, a rental is 1 buck, you keep the flick for 24 hrs. Im assuming they make their money on late charges and they have a great selection, all the latest movies.

Here....

http://www.redbox.com/Locations/LocationSearch.aspx?cid=PS:Google:Brand:BrandLocator:red%20box%20locations:6937&tracking_ID=07216e41-4e10-0848-03d1-00002196d856

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
For any of you Robert Parker book fans, I just bought all five of his Jesse Stone series movies based here in Mass. Tom Selleck stars as a former LA homicide detective , pretty good so far and Selleck is one of the last conservative actors left in hollyweird...definately worth the 9 bucks per movie.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Limitless was pretty good, The Lincoln Lawyer was also decent. I rented The Mechanic but didnt really like it. I like Statham and the other guy they used but the movie just didnt do it for me. I liked the original much better before JMV went Gary Busey on us. Last night I pulled out State of Grace, Sean Penn, Ed Harris, Gary Oldman....real good Irish mob type of flick. I aslo watched Blade Runner, yup still love it.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Brion The Mechanic wasnt one of his karate movies it was a remake of the old Mechanic with Jan Michael Vincent, that I loved mostly because of Bronson but JMV was good for a few years.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
I understood every bit of it and thought it was original, the main actor is atualy very talented and the special effects were amazing. So yeah I actually loved it but im not admitting it.

· Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Kilv, im sure you must have noticed the Seinfeld type scene they did. Im pretty sure they MUST have had to get either Larry Davids permission or Jerry Seinfeld which means to me that someone with some serious comic genius trusted these guys to make a good flick. The special effects were very good, the way it flipped from scene to scene was cool if you have add and can follow the storyline and the music that the band played was actually not bad, so yeah I loved it...so what im a kid at heart.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts