Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
I just saw The Town also and I too, enjoyed it. It's always good to see the old home town, including Fenway Park, up on the big screen.

It was a pretty decent action movie too. There were a bunch of things in the movie that only Bostonians would get, including a BPD officer on a detail.

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
The Town is worth seeing. Lots of action, great local scenes, good acting. Where else can I see a movie and drive through some of the places it was shot on my way back from my gal's condo? I know L.A. you get to do that everyday but you have to know Boston is special.
No argument here, I agree about Boston being special... for multiple reasons; I spent the first five years of my life in Jamaica Plain for one.

And you're right, I drive past places out here that are in movies and on TV all the time. This time, it was cool to see "The Motherland" up on the big screen.

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
Just saw Larry Crowne with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts and thought it was a pretty good movie. George Takai (Mr Sulu) kinda stole the show in the minor role that he had.

I've enjoyed the vast majority of Tom Hanks' work since the mid 90s and this adds to the list.

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
My wife & I saw this recently. At one point I turned it off as my wife was crying so much (if you saw it you probably know why). We then finished watching it. I recommend watching Courageous, especially if your a Cop and believe in Christian values. It definitely is a movie that has a message behind it......I think any Cop can get something out of the movie though......
I thought this was a great movie. The message behind it and the action scenes, especially the one at the end, were pretty cool. I shed a few tears at the same scene your wife did. How could I not.

The same folks put out three other movies that I really enjoyed also:

Facing The Giants
Flywheel
Fire Proof

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
Finally saw this outstanding movie yesterday, very inspirational and very patriotic. The entire theater remained in their seats throughout the closing credits, which is pretty unusual. Still can't believe Chris survived all that he did and then..... tragic.

Highly recommend this film.

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
Hi 7,

I came on the job a few months after Colors came out and found it to be fairly accurate as far as how Bloods and Crips acted back then, plus I found both Duval and Penn to be pretty realistic as officers; Penn as the younger and immature cop and Duval as the older and more wiser training officer.

End of Watch was also pretty accurate. Every police related thing in that movie has happened in real life, except maybe for the knife in the eye deal. The banter, the action, the station and the uniforms were pretty realistic.

All the rest of the movies you referenced were not accurate at all, especially Training Day!!!! I haven't seen them all although the ones I did see, were fairly entertaining. Now Speed, that was right on!

On a side note, Adam-12 and Dragnet were very accurate and very entertaining as far as TV shows go. Southland was entertaining and only sometimes accurate.

· Subscribing Member
3,559 Posts
So bring the tissues?

I know this had been brought up here before but check out "Taking Chance" with Kevin Bacon, great movie based on a true story.
I just watched it again. Definitely a movie everyone should watch to help understand what both the military and law enforcement communities go through when we lose one of our own.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts