Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know of any motorcycle dealers (Harley-Davidson....only) that are doing donation programs of Harley police bikes? I was on a different LE chat website where people were discussing some kind of $1.00 donation program, where the department gets the bike for $1.00 and it is a write-off for the dealership.

Might sound far fetched, I don't know. Figured I would ask this group of locals before I ask any out-of-staters.

Any department with a bike unit that has any information about donations/grants for motorcycles, please feel free to PM me or post it here.

Thanks in advance.

·
Subscribing Member
4,405 Posts
They have a deal where your department can lease a brand new Police HArley for about $2500-$3000 a year. At the end of 12 months ,department turns it in and gets a new one. Brockton PD had that deal years ago where they got a bunch of Harleys for 41 each. I believe it was some kind of grant program through community policing money. The municipal police lease for vehicles is also 'Own the car at end of lease for $1". After you make 48 lease payments.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts