Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am looking for any and all information regarding motorcycle boots. Any help would be appricated.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Riding Boot

Definition: Riding Boot
Riding Boot
Noun
1. A boot without laces that is worn for riding horses; part of a riding habit.
Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
Crosswords: Riding Boot
English words defined with "riding boot": jodhpur, jodhpur boot, jodhpur shoe.

EDIT 6/20/04 09:16 by Gil

The poorly formated copied text was removed because it was nothing but a bunch of gibberish and was a waste of space.

Gil

·
Seekonk Detective
41 Posts
what a dick, look on ebay I found a few in the past they come with sizes. You have to have them sized to fit your calves or just look them up on the internet you can order online. Motorcycle boots. :!:

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was at a Go Go bar in Jersey, and this stripper had some real nice clarino motorcycle boots. i just wonder how she shifts with a 6 inch heel.

·
Founder of MassCops
6,401 Posts
Southside @ 6/16/2004 1:08:30 AM said:
Harley,

That was great, LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you thought so.... :roll:

APD got theirs from Alden in Middleboro, they were $400.00 ea. (6 pair) some other retailers start off at $675.00. The only thing I would suggest is to have them put the zippers in when they make them. Our guys are kicking themselves for not doing that.

Alden Shoe Company
1 Taunton Street
Middleboro, MA 02346

Telephone, fax and web
Tel: +800 325 4252
Fax: +508 947 7753

http://www.aldenshoe.com
Email: [email protected]

I also hear that their QC department is very picky and toss some real nice boots for minor imperfections, they do give the employees a big discount and the option to but the boots that they would normally toss out. Maybe you can find someone on the inside?

Some others...

Cruiser Boots
http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/shop/Cruiser_Boots.html

Boot Buy.com
http://www.bootbuy.com/

http://www.bootsandshoes.com/

http://www.bootsusa.com/

·
Banned
117 Posts
Make sure if you plan on wearing them riding a motorcycle that they have a steel shank. Over the summer a marlborough bike officer may be retiring b/c his leg was shattered in an accident on duty. Didnt have steel shanked boots.

·
Registered
45 Posts
marlboroughpd said:
make sure if you plan on wearing them riding a motorcycle that they have a steel shank. over the summer a marlborough bike officer may be retiring b/c his leg was shattered in an accident on duty. didnt have steel shanked boots.
just wonderin'. what would a steel shank have don't for him...
steel shanks in a shoe/boot is placed in the sole of the shoe/boot... it give support & protects from objects going thru the sole.
so if you were to be in a motorcycle crash, i really can't see how a steel shanked boot would save you from blunt trauma to your leg.

and for those who are getting motorcycle riding boot made, yes put in a zipper makes life a lot easier. only problem is rain unless the boots are gussetted (i think that is the word for it)

·
Banned
117 Posts
The accident was at fairly low speeds. The steel shank would have prevented his injuries from being as bad as They were. now The word is That he has to retire because of his injuries.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Re: re: Motorcycle Boots

marlboroughpd said:
The accident was at fairly low speeds. The steel shank would have prevented his injuries from being as bad as They were. now The word is That he has to retire because of his injuries.
Word is? Word? WTF? Was this based on the testimony of the Orthopaedic Surgeon Rex, the Certified Accident reconstruction expert, or some of your da's buddies at the station indulging in sheer speculation? How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-roll tootsie-pop?
:lol:

BTW- Go to Bob's Store and get some Harley-Davidson boots so you can look "cool"
:wink:

·
Banned
117 Posts
Hey mpd, how many licks does it take for you to shut the F up. Dont tell me all the information you know, you found out yourself because that is a crock of BS. Sorry mpd, I think that Bates' duty boots are better looking than a pair of Harley boots. How does it feel knowing you live in the biggest sewage plant in MA.

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Nice to see you took the bait kid :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

P.S. You asked about licking, AW......I'm not going there

·
Subscribing Member
944 Posts
marlboroughpd";p="49526 said:
Hey mpd, how many licks does it take for you to shut the F up. Dont tell me all the information you know, you found out yourself because that is a crock of BS. Sorry mpd, I think that Bates' duty boots are better looking than a pair of Harley boots. How does it feel knowing you live in the biggest sewage plant in MA.
Wow your dad must be proud of you. :roll:
A steel shank would not help someone from shattering their whole leg. The only thing a steel shank is really good for is to stop stuff like nails from puncturing the sole of the shoe. But if you wanna keep thinking that the steel shank helps you do that. and have fun doing your steakouts at MHQ to take pics of the new cruisers as they come out the back door.

You should really look into other alternatives to actually living. Like maybe giving your mom a post natal abortion by shooting yourself in the face or locking yourself in your house with a chainsaw. Just remember to duct tape the trigger of the chainsaw and have a full tank of gas. OR just slice your wrists. Remember it's more effective if you go with the vein and then across it.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts