Motor Officer gear advice | MassCops

Motor Officer gear advice

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Boss103, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Boss103

Boss103 MassCops Member

After switching back to 4-12 on the Motor I have noticed that trying to hold my flashlight in my arm and writing a citation is a pain in the ass. Any motor officers out there have light suggestions? Light clip on shoulder or just stick with the old
    Method ?

2. Danusmc0321

Danusmc0321 MassCops Member

Not on a cycle, but I've seen guys use a rail mounted light on their helmet, that is if you keep it on while on the stop. They have them for military applications, if you google "Kevlar mounted rail light", it will give you some pics of the models out there I'm talking about. The one I used to have would go from dim, to 500 candle and a red light.

Boss103 likes this.
  3. Kilvinsky

Kilvinsky I think, therefore I'll never be promoted.

I'm not kidding here, I have a light that I bought and sadly, not used as much as I should when taking information (I don't write cites-not allowed). It's made by...DAMMIT, I can't read the print. But it starts with "Q" and has light in there somewhere.

It clips onto your uniform, is adjustable, and gives a small LED light to brighten up what you're looking at. Very small but very useful and, it has a flashing BLUE LED if you press the button a couple of times.

I kidded the guys I work with saying that, the flashing blue light was for when I got into a foot chase, I'd put that on and people would move out of the way.

but honestly, it's a pretty cool light. small but effective.

Goose and Boss103 like this.
  4. Goose

Goose The list is long but distinguished. Staff Member

Bonus of blue lights is you can read the red on a citation and find blood more easily than with red lights.

5. MiamiVice

MiamiVice MassCops Member

Full size mag or streamlight under the arm. I tried for years, there's no way to make the new little tacticool led lights work.

P.s. motor guys don't clip lights to their helmets or person, that's g#y

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pahapoika likes this.
  6. BxDetSgt

BxDetSgt MassCops Member

Some would say britches and boots are .....never mind.

pahapoika likes this.
  7. pahapoika

pahapoika Subscribing Member

Shop in Dorchester use to mount a " citation light " on the bikes. Basically a turn signal with no lens on the handlebars.
    Shuris cycles is in Quincy now. Believe Mike still works on department bikes.