2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Johnny Law 
#1 ·
Mother of officer killed by illegal immigrant writes Obama

Posted: Jul 09, 2014 11:02 PM EDT

Posted by Breann Bierman - email
By Allyson Blair - bio | email

Sgt. Brandon Mendoza

MESA, AZ (CBS5) -
The mother of a fallen Mesa police sergeant is writing President Barack Obama in hopes of changing immigration laws in the U.S.
MOREAdditional Links

Police said Mary Ann Mendoza's son, Sgt. Brandon Mendoza, was hit head-on by a driver who had been living in the country illegally for two decades.
Officials said for much of that time Raul Silva-Corona was wanted for charges including burglary, assault and leaving the scene of an accident. When he was finally captured in 2002, he took a plea deal and was allowed to stay in the United States. That's something Mendoza believes needs to change.
"There are just a lot of issues that have welled up inside of me and are festering now that I've had time to think clearly," said Mary Ann Mendoza.
At the forefront of her concerns are the president's policies on immigration.
"The people who are coming here looking for jobs and who are wanting to make a difference in their life, I support them. I mean that's what this country is made of. But when you start breaking the law there is no reason for those people to be here," said Mary Ann Mendoza.
Another issue Mendoza wants addressed has to do with driving.
"I don't think anyone who doesn't have a social security number and is here illegally who cannot obtain a driver's license should be allowed to register a vehicle anywhere in the United States and be able to drive it," said Mendoza.
Mendoza told CBS 5 News she's hopeful she will get a response from President Barack Obama.
Here is Mendoza's letter:

http://www.kpho.com/story/25982202/mother-of-sergeant-killed-by-illegal-immigrant-writes-obama

See less See more
#2 ·
From your lips to God's ears, Mrs. Mendoza. I say send them ALL packing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.