Most expensive car ever auctioned is sold for $34.65 million | MassCops

Most expensive car ever auctioned is sold for $34.65 million

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by kwflatbed, Aug 16, 2014.

1. kwflatbed

kwflatbed MassCops Angel Staff Member

A 52-year-old Ferrari just smashed the record for the most expensive car ever sold at auction.
    The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, with a somewhat dark past, was just sold by Bonhams for $34.65 million. That blew away the previous record, held by a Mercedes-Benz racer that sold last summer for $31.6 million including auction fees.
    "The market right now is just so strong," said Marcel Massini, a leading Ferrari historian and adviser to collectors. "And this is one of the big prizes in the entire collecting world."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101914056

2. Rock

Rock Undefined

Dumb

3. Rock

Rock Undefined

Your finanicial status must be a wreck then if you think thats ok. I don't care if that car can take me to the moon and back it's not worth $34.65 million. Theres no way to justify that even as a rare collectible

4. Pvt. Cowboy

Pvt. Cowboy Lemme take a selfie Staff Member

What if you made $150mil a year? You'd have so much disposable income it wouldn't matter.

You could then also buy a rocket ship that could transport the Ferrari to the moon.

Your moon condo. With your other Ferraris.

Hank Moody, Rock and Goose like this.
  5. Rock

Rock Undefined

I stand corrected

6. DNorth

DNorth MassCops Member

I have a copy of the Dupont Registry somewhere, from the mid to late 90s, with a car being offered for sale that would surely blow this one away. Either it never sold, or didn't hold it's value, but it was priced at $35M. It was a 1930- or 1940-something Ferrari with no model number...because it was handmade by Enzo and his sons in their home garage as the very first "Ferrari" vehicle ever built. $35M in 1990s dollars, and it may have never sold, I should research it someday when I have time.