Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassCops Angel
121,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(Caracas, Venezuela) Here's the latest on the expanding Venezuelan military.
Russia's state corporation Rosoboronexport, an exporter of arms, said on Wednesday that Russia and Venezuela are ready to sign within one month a contract to deliver third generation BMP-3 armored personnel carriers.

"The direction of the military-technical cooperation with Venezuela is going vertically up," Igor Sevastyanov, deputy general director of Rosoboronexport arms exporter, was quoted as saying by Interfax.

He added that both countries are holding discussions on sales of multiple rocket launching systems and artillery, EFE reported.

Sevastyanov stressed that such agreements would result in Russian-Venezuelan military cooperation increasing considerably.

Russian Prime Minister, Vladimir Putin, promised Venezuela's President Hugo Chávez, during their meeting last September 25 in Moscow, that he would deliver new weapons to the South American country.
Weapons purchases here, weapons purchases there and soon someone will get the idea that Chavez is planning for war. If political troubles bother him too much, I'd speculate that he's not above invading one of his neighbors in a wag the dog move. Guyana might be a target.

http://interested-participant.blogspot.com/

·
Zombie Hunter
4,815 Posts
Chavez can buy all the Russian garbage he wants...can you say "target-rich" environment? I would be more worried if he was buying British or European arms. The best Russian innovations to arms development occurred over 50 years ago with the adoption of the AK-47 and the later adoption of the RPG. Their tanks and APCs are laughably inferior to American and European designs, their aircraft are 20 years out of date, and their navy rusts away at their docks.

I won't say that this clown, Chavez, isn't dangerous though, particularly to his neighbors. I would bet that in the next decade he is the next tin-horn dictator we're going to have to take down a peg or two like the Brits did the Falklands.

·
Subscribing Member
4,414 Posts
Obama is going to sell him F-22 Raptors. Word has it that if he is in, Chavez will get them before our squadrons transitioned from F-15s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts