Massachusetts Cop Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Subscribing Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people here that are against MCLEA or not sure about MCLEA will jump on board after it is incorporated and approved by the Labor Relations Committee?

And the people who aren't sure and want more information......please jump in here......what are your feelings if MCLEA becomes our new union and the Executive Board has already been elected. But at least were given the option to vote? The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer will be serving six month terms from what I have gathered.

I know people feel that there are alot of unknowns about MCLEA but change and a new perception of Campus Law Enforcement has to start somewhere. Any questions anyone has throw them out here! I am seeing way to many lies by AFSCME to even give them consideration when the AFSCME vs MCLEA election comes out.

Thanks everyone!

·
Retired Fed, Active Special
8,658 Posts
Much remains to be communicated:

Where are we in terms of going to Labor Relations Commision?
What department(s) are seeking to stay AFSCME and why?
How can we communicate more directly than E-mail?
:wink:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Much remains to be communicated:

Where are we in terms of going to Labor Relations Commision?
What department(s) are seeking to stay AFSCME and why?
How can we communicate more directly than E-mail?
From what we understand the only department that has been vocally against MCLEA is Fitchburg State as you have seen in the Union Talk thread. They obviously do not want to be contacted anymore so we have granted their wish!

As far as communication goes we are all more than willing to meet with anyone who wants to and anyone is more than welcome to email Brian or myself [email protected]. We have just completed the voting for the board of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer!

Other than that we are still in the process of collecting the blue cards (side note everyone, remember these cards are not for public dissemination, they will only be seen by Brian and the Labor Relations commision) We are also in the process of collecting data from various institutions which will be presented to the commision in time!

·
8,658 Posts
Anyone else get an invite to the CPO meeting next week in Worcester?
:shock:

[

·
Subscribing Member
308 Posts
the invite will be more like a witch hunt for us evil CPO's that are trying to stage an overthrow and form a police union. I mean who are we to ask for things like group 4 retirement and a police schedule. The logic that the other members of our "UNION" dont want that stuff isnt gonna fly anymore. AFSCME has been floating there usual misinfo campaign. A copy of there rallly letter found its way into my mailbox at work again. Anyway I am sure this meeting will be more of the same. "Every year we file for group 4, but the big bad evil city and town cops stop you guys from getting it" Anyway I judge on action not words so my response to AFSCME is show us CPOs you want our money.

·
BOOM!
1,353 Posts
I am new to this board and this may very well be be a stupid question but is the MCLEA going to be just for state institutions? There are some unhappy private, non-union departments that might be looking for a little leverage as well. Members of my department are looked upon and treated by the admin. the same as the maintenance workers. They do not see the difference between the two and the vital role we play on campus. I just think it is absurd that we respond to fights, medical and weapons calls but when it comes right down to it the powers that be treat us the same as the guy cutting the grass or changing the light bulbs? Any feedback or info would be great. Thanks All!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am new to this board and this may very well be be a stupid question but is the MCLEA going to be just for state institutions? There are some unhappy private, non-union departments that might be looking for a little leverage as well. Members of my department are looked upon and treated by the admin. the same as the maintenance workers. They do not see the difference between the two and the vital role we play on campus. I just think it is absurd that we respond to fights, medical and weapons calls but when it comes right down to it the powers that be treat us the same as the guy cutting the grass or changing the light bulbs? Any feedback or info would be great. Thanks All!!!!
There may be a possibility in the future that private institutions start their own association similar to MCLEA. The main reason it is just for State and Community college's is because every CPO I and CPO II (which in Commonwealth terms mean every Patrolman and Sergeant employed by a state run institution) is in the same union, AFSCME. Every maintainer/plumber/carpenter/mechanic/librarian/mail clerk/accountant and so on employed by the Commonwealth is also in this same AFSCME union. No private college's are in this AFSCME union and many college's don't even have unions. These are the reasons it was just limited to cops employed by the Commonwealth, also our current AFSCME contract expired at the end of June/ beginning of July so we had to work fast to ensure that we could get MCLEA in place as a bargaining unit. I hope this clears some things up for you!

·
8,658 Posts
Irish Wampanoag @ 06 Aug 2004 21:27 said:
mpd61 @ Thu 05 Aug said:
Anyone else get an invite to the CPO meeting next week in Worcester?
:shock:

[
Bubblehead I heard you were going to attempt a coup
Coup is a French term sir! I refuse to speak in frog anymore! To AFSCME I say "Prenez le Pipe" and use the translator if you have to!

·
Subscribing Member
288 Posts
I say we all attend the meeting tomorrow and turn it into a MCLEA rally... Im sure that would go over well..... :twisted:

·
8,658 Posts
There were four(4) people from three agencies!!! Take that AFSCME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the too little, too late invitation
:twisted:

Sorry I had to change from 5 to four, My bad!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.