Massachusetts Cop Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would let you guys know. Last week my 26inch monadnock baton broke. It just would not open so i called them up and they told me to send it up to them. Last friday i sent my baton up to them and today i got a brand new baton back.They were great to deal with and were very fast with getting my new baton to me. Iam very happy with the service from monadnock. Just thought i pass this on to you all incase you ever have to do the same thing.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I had a Monadnock Auto-Lock 26" baton. In fact I had three of them. They all broke. Luckily I purchased the through Gall's as Monadnock never returned my calls or responded to my letter. I now carry an ASP 26"... love it.

·
MassCops Founder
6,403 Posts
Does anybody have a trick to get the dam thing out of the plastic swivel holster. I started carrying a straight baton because the monadnock with the rubber grip is just too dam hard to get out of the holder.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the monadnock friction lock 26inch baton. It is the same as the asp. I have heard alot of bad things about the auto locks as well. The friction lock can be hard to close at times but i think they are still the best. As i said my monadnock is the same as a asp.
I know monadnock had a change in command a while back maybe thats why you could not get them to call you back. I had no trouble with them at all. everything was very fast.

Gill have you tried other types of holders? I know some are harder to draw than others.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just my 2, well maybe 3, cents.

I use a 27" Auto-Lock, and once it was broken in, I haven't had any real problems with it. Part of the problem was getting used to opening it. I found that if you slam it open as hard as possible like an ASP, the bearings will sometimes fail to lock. I still need to snap it open smartly, but I don't have to swing for the bleachers like some ASP's. I think that an Instructor will tell you that they prefer you pull it open anyways.

I do like the power tip of the Auto-Lock very much, though. How many ASP's have little burrs and scrapes on the tip from closing it against the road or concrete? Imagine now you emply your baton against someone, and that little metal burr rips open a four inch gash on their thigh. Has anyone had this or similar problem? Now, when the fit hits the shan, swing away and worry about first aid later, but think about hte ambulance chasing defence attny. who will ask if you noticed the problem with your baton, did you apply normal maintenance, why didn't you then notice the burr on the tip?

As for Monadnock, b4 these, we used PR-24X's, and the swivel holders were prone to breaking. All we ever did was send the broken ones back to Monadnock and they returned new ones no questions asked.

Wow, that was long-winded and

·
Subscribing Member
771 Posts
Originally posted by JP64:

I use a 27" Auto-Lock, and once it was broken in, I haven't had any real problems with it. Part of the problem was getting used to opening it. I found that if you slam it open as hard as possible like an ASP, the bearings will sometimes fail to lock. I still need to snap it open smartly, but I don't have to swing for the bleachers like some ASP's. I think that an Instructor will tell you that they prefer you pull it open anyways.

My department had the same problem (baton wouldn't stay locked open all the time). We sent them all back and the were retrofitted. Haven't had a problem with mine since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts